Every Egg Color in the Chickens world!

I will be very happy to trade you green eggs for blue eggs! I had some saved up to send to someone today and my sister picked them up with oil all over her hands from cooking, I just about fainted. She didn't know, as I sometimes eat them too and hadn't told her they were saved for shipping. Did you want the green eggs or wait for hopefully darker olive eggs from these chicks in a few months? Here is one of the chicks.
ee2.jpg

Those are very pretty I do not have an ameraucana rooster :mad: I could possibly get peachick to hatch these chicks for me and just pay her to send you some pure blue black splash ameraucana or some blue wheaton or wheaton ameraucana would that work? I could not do this for a while if I begin breeding Blue and black copper marans I may buy and incubator and be able to trade you some Wade Jeane Blue and Black copper eggs for some of your olive eggers But that would not be until a bit latter in the winter and is just a thought because I can probably not keep a rooster.

Thanks for the offer,

Henry

Quote:
If you think you can't keep a rooster in the city, you can, unless it's illegal. My boys sleep in nice houses in the garage and come out about 9am, works great for us and after 2 years still no complaints. Actually everyone really like them.

Last edited:
Quote:
If you think you can't keep a rooster in the city, you can, unless it's illegal. My boys sleep in nice houses in the garage and come out about 9am, works great for us and after 2 years still no complaints. Actually everyone really like them.

I print every one of your posts about it and use it as support for me keeping a rooster ! I have a shed and and I am thinking I could keep the rooster in a dog crate. I am still in High school and leave around 7am every morning so my mom would have to do it which is not to big a deal but I still depend on her for something which is not good. I am also going on a semester farming program and will be away then she has to care for all of the chickens so it has to be fairly simple. I may take a trio or quad of marans to the semester program with me but may still not be able to so it all depends on the response from the farming director at the program at her first response she cited quarantine issues but I said they could stay in a separate location in my area. So everything depend I have to have a serious talk to my neighbors and my parents about breeding and roosters and such
lol.png

Henry

Hi Henry, yes, I too have been going for the every color Easter Egg basket of eggs. When my BC Marans start laying in two months I should have the darkest brown and my Polish, Houdans, Cochins and other mixes that just hatched should provide the white eggs in five months.

Right now I'm getting blue, olive green, dark brown, light brown, and pink from my variety of breeds.

Quote:
I love showing off my flock and you just gave me a great chance!
Here is a deleware, faverolle, both pure ameraucana, and one cuckoo marans:
DSCF1832.jpg

here is the entire flock:
DSCF1739.jpg

Here are the blue and black copper marans in their tractor a few days ago at a week old:
DSCF1840.jpg

Thanks,
Henry

Quote:
THATS GREAT !!! how many breeds do you have? I bet you can't wait for all those babies to lay their eggs.

Henry

Back
Top Bottom