Everyone Post Your Pigeon Pics!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by muscovy94, Feb 7, 2010.

1. paramount

paramount Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2014
    West Coast
    Loftkeeper is right. The trough is too deep and there is a distinct possibility of losing one or more to drowning.

2. The Farm

The Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2013
    Luther, OK

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  3. loftkeeper

loftkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2013
    you will loose a bird in there before you are convinced to deep sides to high and a young bird that has no experience a problem for sure

4. paramount

paramount Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2014
    West Coast
    Anything more than 4 or 5 inches is far too deep.

All the ramps in the world won't save them if they can't touch bottom and jump out.

5. The Farm

Oct 16, 2013
    Luther, OK
    Here are pics of my birds today. Love them so much. I now have two pair of pedigreed Homers, Homers, Rollers, Arkangles, American Fantails, Old German Owls, Old Classic Frills, Capuchins, Swallow Pigeons. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. lightchick

lightchick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    They are very pretty!

7. elsfieldchickens

elsfieldchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

X2

8. The Farm

Oct 16, 2013
    Luther, OK

Thanks you'll for a few days I felt like a dog in a dog house because people thought I make my birds drink out of a dirty pond but that was back awhile when I was keeping my ducks in there. They do have a waterer in there to. So they weren't forced to drink there. They are very healthy birds. And if any of you'll are coming back our farm feel free to stop in. I love my animals and birds I wouldn't mistreat them sorry that's just not me. Lol

And if any ones interested in any Old German Owls I have some for sale singles and pairs.

9. Zimbabwefarmer

Zimbabwefarmer Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2014
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Sure thing fellow farmer, your birds are looking great, just wanted to be helpful.
    I recently had a little disaster - I just have a few common pigeons (they were sold to me as tumblers but I don't think they can) in a dovecote in the backyard and a little squeaker fell (or tumbled rather - hey maybe they are tumblers) out of his nest on the topdeck onto the lower floor of the dovecot (8 weeks old maybe) and was nearly pecked to death by his older brother from a previous litter - his whole skull was exposed and I considered mercy-killing... but didn't because he looked strong otherwise and he has recovered magnificently! Just has some loose skin hanging off the back of his head! Unexpectedly his nest-mate died last night - we had a very cold night all of a sudden and I think it was too much for her... does anyone know what temperatures are too cold for half-grown squeakers???

1 person likes this.
  10. elsfieldchickens

elsfieldchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    Chinese owl male
    [​IMG]
    Fantail female
    [​IMG]

Racer cross dove and fantail

[​IMG]

Young fantail

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by