Everyone Post Your Pigeon Pics!!!!!

For months I've thought that my pigeons were half oriental roller, half homer. The lady I got them from said they were half oriental roller, half old Dutch. So do they have no homing abilities at all?

All pigeons are descended from the rock dove. They will always home if trained and taken good care of. Bang on
Only through observation and training will you find your best homing birds. One of my best homing birds was in actual fact a feral.

Last edited:
My WOE squabs are growing so fast! They are 2.5 weeks now.
Day 1

These are the 2 week pics.
This one is starting to look like the male.

This one is going to be all black like the mother's brother.

They kind of look creepy and cute at the same time when they get to that age....

I hate the way they feel so hot when you pick them up.. if you have to clean the nest or move them for some reason... kind of like little sweaty hot hedgehogs!!!

Anyone know why they generate so much heat? My ducklings, chicks and baby parakeets never feel like that.

They kind of look creepy and cute at the same time when they get to that age....

I hate the way they feel so hot when you pick them up.. if you have to clean the nest or move them for some reason... kind of like little sweaty hot hedgehogs!!!

Anyone know why they generate so much heat? My ducklings, chicks and baby parakeets never feel like that.
x2! LOL They are now 3 weeks old and starting to walk around. Much prettier now!

Last edited:

My new pigeon that I traded. Pretty sure it's all homer. Does it look like a male or female in particular? Sorry pic is so grainy

Back
Top Bottom