Everyone Post Your Pigeon Pics!!!!!

Here are my 3 (well technically only the white one is mine but the other two have been babysat so long they might as well be)

So pretty I love the way they stand and how it holds it's head!

It's crazy when they are all puffed up with the heads drawn in and trying to act brave and then walk. It's like they have no heads from the front.[/quote]

Lol that's amazing they must look so funny!

That is truly weird - they look like drunks staggering around.  Are they able to eat & drink normally?

Yeah they can pull their heads back where they belong and fly fine though I doubt they would last long in the wild and it's rare for them to breed successfully unless you trim tail feathers and the young are normally fostered with regular pigeons.

That first lot were much worse than the current ones. They spent nearly all their time like that walking round bumping into stuff. The current ones only do it when they get all puffy and protective. Not sure which is what they breed for for show but I prefer the current less headless version.

Last edited:
Lol, they look creepy with their heads back but they are perfect for Halloween.
1f601.png
that is bizzare but I'm sure they make great pets. I wonder how they can put it son back that they don't get hurt?

Lol, they look creepy with their heads back but they are perfect for Halloween.
1f601.png
that is bizzare but I'm sure they make great pets. I wonder how they can put it son back that they don't get hurt?

I think back is the more comfortable position, forward is like sticking your neck out

I don't like the show quality fantails at all. They look deformed. They even walk on their tip toes instead of their feet. I am sure they must be in some level of pain like that. Imagine if people started breeding dogs or cats like that... they would be banned.

But, I love the 'normal' garden fantails. They look beautiful... I keep pure white ones.

Back
Top Bottom