Everything Asil Thread ( show off those Asil )

keeper

I hatched some eggs for a friend and was told they were Asils. Only one chick survived, so the guy told me to just keep it. I know nothing about the breed. This chick is going on 9 weeks old. Does it look like a full Asil, and any ideas on the sex??

Attachments

• FC53EC83-97D0-4936-BC10-F4DDC05E6A0A.jpeg
    FC53EC83-97D0-4936-BC10-F4DDC05E6A0A.jpeg
    937.1 KB · Views: 17
  • F433E94F-FBE6-4E49-9642-344C7CEDF3E0.jpeg
    F433E94F-FBE6-4E49-9642-344C7CEDF3E0.jpeg
    961.1 KB · Views: 17
Beautiful Spangled pullet. If she were a mixed breed she would likely grow wattles. Asils don't have wattles. Some will argue how far she conforms to the breed standard in terms of 'purity', indicating the way the tail does not slope down as a negative feature, but she seems to be full asil.

Beautiful Spangled pullet. If she were a mixed breed she would likely grow wattles. Asils don't have wattles. Some will argue how far she conforms to the breed standard in terms of 'purity', indicating the way the tail does not slope down as a negative feature, but she seems to be full asil.
Thanks so much for your reply. I'm so happy that its a pullet. You made my day!!

I would question purity based on someone's need to have eggs hatched by someone else, if they had asils. They should be hatching machines, like as in, I'll never need an incubator again.

I would question purity based on someone's need to have eggs hatched by someone else, if they had asils. They should be hatching machines, like as in, I'll never need an incubator again.
I don’t plan to breed her, so purity really isn’t that important to me. Just curious. The eggs were a gift to my friend from a guy whose family is in Pakistan.

So, I'm new to asils. I have a batch of "Raja" in the incubator now because I'm impulsive and have a hatching problem/addiction.

My issue is, I have been trying to do research on these particular "strain", but haven't really hit on anything.

If there's anyone here that can give us newcomers a run down of the differences between the various asil strains, it would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom