Everything Easter Egger

I don’t have any Easter Eggers but I am hopefully getting chicks this year! Are they friendly and cuddly or more skittish? I know part of depends on how you raise them but I’ve only raised chickens that are supposed to be really friendly so I’m not sure! I would love to see some pictures of yours too!
Mostly such a friendly breed! Every once in a while I will get a sassy girl lol. Their feathers come in such beautiful varieties depending on the mix too. They’re a breed I’ve experienced some great lifespans with as well, I have one currently who is an old lady of 8 who no longer lays but hangs out with the other retired ladies. Can’t go wrong! If you’re specifically looking for friendly, if you don’t already have some, cream legbars are another one of the sweetest breeds I’ve ever raised.

Hi @EEforMe ! Checking your thread.. I have one chicken who lays blue eggs, she technically is a cream legbar, I don’t know if that counts. We were supposed to be getting 2 more OE s, and the lady even showed us the eggs they supposedly lay… we now get 2 more brown eggs…
Thanks! I think your cream legbar can count lol. As for your “brown eggers” that’s really frustrating, I’m sorry

Thanks! I think your cream legbar can count lol. As for your “brown eggers” that’s really frustrating, I’m sorry
It was frustrating, hoping to get more green edgers eventually. We tried to hatch out some but the father gave them a genetic disorder and they passed away. He did too. 😭😭😭
But I’m glad I found this thread this seems interesting!

This is my baby, Pueo! She is such a sweetheart. I really enjoy EEs as they are so friendly and gentle! She also lays a beautiful light green egg.
IMG_6251.jpeg

I totally love EEs! I have 11 of them out of the 26 chickens I own. I just can’t get enough of those sweet muffs and beards
Same! I love their muffs and beards and that they come in so many colors
It was frustrating, hoping to get more green edgers eventually. We tried to hatch out some but the father gave them a genetic disorder and they passed away. He did too. 😭😭😭
But I’m glad I found this thread this seems interesting!
Oh no that so sad!!
This is my baby, Pueo! She is such a sweetheart. I really enjoy EEs as they are so friendly and gentle! She also lays a beautiful light green egg.View attachment 3764474
Aww she’s pretty

Back
Top Bottom