Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Pets

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Babies!

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Other, please elaborate!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
When I was little I remember my moms friend had goats and I would go stay with her and play with her goats and chicks all the way through elementary school I loved going there to hold the baby’s

When I was little I remember my moms friend had goats and I would go stay with her and play with her goats and chicks all the way through elementary school I loved going there to hold the baby’s
Yup, my first childhood experience with goats was standing behind a glass door while I watched one being milked. I was scared of the goat so I never came out from behind the door😂

Fast-forward all these years later and now I'm up out of bed and off to milk, bottle feeding about five times a day, and milking before I head to bed! Also from time to time I can be seen on the ground being drug around by a 160lb buck who didn't want to be roped.

We just got our first three goats on Jun 1. We have three Nigerian Dwarf doelings. I got them to milk, but if that ends up being too intense for me, they will just be pets. They are so friendly and have so much personality, almost like dogs.

I'm hoping that they help us take care of some of the brush and blackberry bushes out in the field, but they're so tiny right now it's hard to imagine them making much of a dent. I chose Nigerians because of the high butterfat content of their milk and because they're small enough to fit in my small SUV if I ever had to transport them somewhere.

I have a lot to learn about raising goats (goats are complicated, lol), but I'm enjoying the process, and just got back home from buying them a cable spool to play on.

1624490803499.png

1624490879087.png

1624490959614.png

We just got our first three goats on Jun 1. We have three Nigerian Dwarf doelings. I got them to milk, but if that ends up being too intense for me, they will just be pets. They are so friendly and have so much personality, almost like dogs.

I'm hoping that they help us take care of some of the brush and blackberry bushes out in the field, but they're so tiny right now it's hard to imagine them making much of a dent. I chose Nigerians because of the high butterfat content of their milk and because they're small enough to fit in my small SUV if I ever had to transport them somewhere.

I have a lot to learn about raising goats (goats are complicated, lol), but I'm enjoying the process, and just got back home from buying them a cable spool to play on.

View attachment 2732189

View attachment 2732190

View attachment 2732191
Beautiful! Blue eyes and eyestripes! My favorite combo

View attachment 2732241
We're retaining this Lil guy "Prince Ali" (we sing the theme song from Aladdin to him all the time) he is so handsome and I love him to pieces 🤪❤️❤️❤️
Oh wow! He is so handsome! I love his markings. I can see why you retained him! We don’t have any males yet. Obviously we’ll have to breed our girls if we want to milk them. Before long, we will have to decide if we want to try to find a stud for them or buy our own buck(s).

Back
Top Bottom