Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Pets

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Babies!

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Other, please elaborate!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oh wow! He is so handsome! I love his markings. I can see why you retained him! We don’t have any males yet. Obviously we’ll have to breed our girls if we want to milk them. Before long, we will have to decide if we want to try to find a stud for them or buy our own buck(s).
You only have the three right? If so a stud would be better financially, but I love my goofy stinky bucks. A buck will make your milk taste super "Goaty" if he's too close to the does in milk. Even if our does give birth to bucklings we can taste the difference, also if milk is pasteurized it'll taste different.

You only have the three right? If so a stud would be better financially, but I love my goofy stinky bucks. A buck will make your milk taste super "Goaty" if he's too close to the does in milk. Even if our does give birth to bucklings we can taste the difference, also if milk is pasteurized it'll taste different.
Yeah we only have 5 acres so that’s definitely something to consider. I’m not sure how far apart I could keep them. A stud sounds much simpler…just don’t want to bring home any scary diseases.

Yeah we only have 5 acres so that’s definitely something to consider. I’m not sure how far apart I could keep them. A stud sounds much simpler…just don’t want to bring home any scary diseases.
Yeah we bought an untested cow once because we were sure it would be fine, she tested positive for Q-fever and I was crushed. I thought our goats were going to get infected. They didn't and she had to go to a new home, I will never ever make that mistake again!

I'd love to have goats in the future. Just not viable where I live right now :( We have a decent enough yard for one or two, but not zoned for them unfortunately. So, I'll just dream of having them haha.

We have 13, all of them are Nigerian dwarfs, we originally had 4 and then one had a baby, and this spring we had 8 babies born. One mom had triplets and rejected one of the kids so we are currently bottle feeding it :)
I love ND’s because they are small, good milkers, don’t eat a lot, I could go on, I love Nigerians :D

I can get pictures tomorrow :)

We have 13, all of them are Nigerian dwarfs, we originally had 4 and then one had a baby, and this spring we had 8 babies born. One mom had triplets and rejected one of the kids so we are currently bottle feeding it :)
I love ND’s because they are small, good milkers, don’t eat a lot, I could go on, I love Nigerians :D

I can get pictures tomorrow :)
Yes! We need to see pics! I love NDs too, I want to get some down the road, once I've got milk stars on my mini Nubians.

I have a bottle baby too! Her name is Matilda (we call her Tilly), I'll get pics tomorrow.

I want to get a couple of pygmies here in Ohio next spring. I’ve got to get set up for them first.
Do you know if there’s any kind of forum like this one for goats?
I have a lot to learn.
At the very bottom of your screen there should be a link to BackYardHerds.com

I've had pygmies, super cute. Kinda skittish and definitely very tough little guys! They make good rodeo goats.

20210701_201314.jpg

As promised here is a picture of tilly.

Back
Top Bottom