Everything takes so long to load on the new BYC

I wonder how many folks are running real time virus protection.....that will slow things down also...
idunno.gif

John
old.gif

Last edited:
I have a two year old HP Pavilion with Vista program with Microsoft Security program running all the time. No problems. If I was to play Facebook games such as Farmville and the others, I have MAJOR problems when I play with them for a month or two, it acted so slow. Facebook techs tried to work with me advising different downloads, none of them worked for me including Firefox, Googles, etc. that it just slows my computer down so much. So I deleted all those programs and went back to Microsoft Security and had no issues. AND I have UTube music going on the same time as I am doing BYC so no, it never did slow down for me.

I dont have a problem with BYC itself, its just the design format, the layouts, the structure of its website but I'm learning as I go and reminding myself to be patient and read and learn all at the same time. I had to increase my views up to 125 percent so I can be able to read it better. So far so good! Do I like it at this point? No, but like any other programs, I'll just pull up my big girl pants and slog thru this mud of data.

I am guessing it could be the server. Dial ups are on their way out in the next five years or ten years max, as per AT&T techy staff. We tried going back to dial ups after our 30 day trial period was up and we were not happy. We could not go back to dial ups because the technology we have were all updated so we are still using the phone landline but in a faster modeum and WiFi. Haven't had any issues since then besides bumping now and then but its getting much better.

Last edited:
I'm no techie, but I have wondered whether it isn't sometimes the malware that your particular antivirus software doesn't catch. Computer folks have told me it may take running 5 or 6 different programs to find them all. I'm pretty sure the brand of computer doesn't make much if any difference.

I use FF on a Compaq which is probably 3 years old. I have 2-3 second delays loading, when there is any at all. From reading on here, I think more people have problems with IE than other browsers, though it works well enough for some. Once in a while I open my IE; it always shuts itself down within a minute or so. To be fair, I've made no effort to fix this.

I never thought of that! That could be it actually. Since it's a new setup, the antivirus may not recognize it yet. Could be as simple as 'wait a sec, I need to check this out first.... Ok you're good!' LoL

mine is slow because i have to wait for all those ads and reviews to load.the BYC forum is fine.how do i fix that or is that the upgrade to golden or platinum?

I am having the same issue's with it being slow to load. I have tried my laptop (Vista), my pc (xp)and my cell phone using FF, IE and Google chrome. It seems as if every page has to load twice. The page will load, then hang for about 5-10 seconds then the status bar at the bottom of the page goes blank and the page reloads. This is happening with all 3 devices and all 3 browsers. I have tried disabling all spyware/antivirus, clearing cookies and shutting down all unneeded processes. It makes no difference. Also I am using the Verizon air card, wifi at work and mobile network on my cell phone. Again it makes no difference, each page still loads the same as described above. But I love BYC and will deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom