Eviction notice!!!

your adding them to the flock or that 'is' your flock? .. id have problems getting them in the coop with big bertha, jo-li, and the rest of the crew .. im sure they wouldnt have none of that lol .. but as long as theyre protected from draft at night, id drape a sheet over that wire crate and throw a board on top, kinda how i handle it, and let them work out finding a place in the coop over a few weeks ..

your adding them to the flock or that 'is' your flock? .. id have problems getting them in the coop with big bertha, jo-li, and the rest of the crew .. im sure they wouldnt have none of that lol .. but as long as theyre protected from draft at night, id drape a sheet over that wire crate and throw a board on top, kinda how i handle it, and let them work out finding a place in the coop over a few weeks ..
Yeah they have a board on top of the crate. The old girls took a minute to figure out how to get in since we fenced off an area around the coop for the little.ones for the next couple weeks. How weve done it before is: let out the big girls. Shut the gate to the little run.Let the littles out of the crate. They hang in their.little run. At night for the firat couple days we Put them in the crate. Open the coop.let the big girls in. After a couple nights the littles put themselves in the crate at dusk. After a few weeks we will take the crate out and put the littles on the big roost till they do it themselves. Tonight the big girls.went to roost without even a side eye to the littles
But it did take me herding them to the gate to the little run for them to figure out how to get into the coop. They should figure it out quickly tomorrow
The other trick is their laying boxes are outside. I put them near there feeder and i saw them jumping in and out this evening. I waited to move them out of the coop till after they all laid.

Theyve figured it out before . but its been 4 years since ive added to the flock. And my youngest layers are completely new to this process.

Theyll be fine. 🤞

Back
Top Bottom