Eviction wave? Noticeable?

I have been donating my extra eggs to the local food pantry. Not every pantry will take them, because not all pantries have refrigeration.
I can't solve the whole problem. But I am willing to share what I have.

I thought this would be a great place to post this. And this set of threads of 'DIY/Self Sufficiency' seems like the most appropriate place.

Any time you see news or rumors, it helps to actually see what real people on the street think.

Supposedly there's a huge wave of evictions in the bigger cities that may be happening soon. People are unemployed. And there's no protections helping these people because our government is ...having problems, let's leave it that.

OK, I didn't mean to say that. I will be non-political...

What I mean to say is; *'I'd like to know if you are seeing signs or rumors also in your areas or with people that you know about anything on this eviction wave?'*

And I'm interested in what you might have heard or know.

I've seen several news links about this, credible articles that I'd seen pan out with other stories most the time, but not big name news brands.
Fake news or only news in the big let's not be political cities. Here is SC we are having a major housing boom. The housing markets can't keep up with it and giving new home construction the biggest boost it's ever seen. Of course we're a right to work state and growing industries that can support the people coming.

In the last week 6 houses have foreclosed within a 5 mile radius of me several have been evicted and the town has cut off water toover a dozen homes that decided to take advantage of the moratorium and not pay their bill since February even though they were still working. A small town can’t afford to float everyone on their water, sewage, and trash bill when out water treatment plant is not paid off yet. But we have a housing boom at the same time.

I remembered and saw this thread and thought it would be interesting to follow up on.

Basically one of the youtube videos I saw recently was talking about how without intervention evictions could be 50% of all renters in many states. The map I saw on the video showed varying ranges between 35 to 50% of evictions being possible. It did look like 'certain states' were more at risk than others. But if I say which I'll be censored for being political.

I think one likely outcome is many of the small landlords who are middle class will get squeezed out of their property rental businesses. Probably wind-up selling them on the cheap to the big property management/rental groups.

Tough to say how many of those properties become section 8 dwellings, but I think it will be a lot. Whoever remains a landlord will want guaranteed payments.

I feel bad for the people getting hurt by all of this.

Back
Top Bottom