EVIL OEGB!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by MonkeyZero, Aug 11, 2008.

1. MonkeyZero

MonkeyZero Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    WELL THIS IS HORRIBLE!!!

I went out to the coop to let the chickies out of the coop and put in the OEGB hen. Well my RIR, being the curious dummy she is went up to the OEGB. I knew what I was in for. Well the OEGB grabbed hold of the RIR and shook her up. I picked up the OEGB, and she was still holding on! Shes never done this to the previous hens! And plus the RIR is a bit taller!!! So I've decided to do awaywith her. I may just sale her, or give her to a friend. I could drop her off in the field but thats mean! Well yeah. WHat could have provocked her?

2. dancingbear

dancingbear Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    South Central KY
    What's an OEGB?

Have you got very many birds? They usually do have to establish a pecking order. That can take a few days. Hens seldom fight to the death. But, if you only have a very few, then the top ones have more time to single out and pick on the lowest ranking hen(s).

If she continues to be a problem, you might be right to just sell her, or give her away as you said. We usually eat problem birds, it doesn't sound like you want to do that, though.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  3. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    maybe there just developing there pecking order..

4. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Quote:Its a type of bird. Old English Game Bird

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  5. dancingbear

dancingbear Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    South Central KY
    Thanks. With the dozens and dozens (hundreds?) of breeds there are, it hard sometimes to figure out by initials only.

6. utahmethodist

utahmethodist Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    SLC, UT
    RIR was easy for me but OEGB threw me for a loop too. [​IMG]

You learn something new every day.

7. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Quote:Its a type of bird. Old English Game Bird

It's actually old english game bantam [​IMG]

8. havi

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    No problem. I have the same problem. Someone will post something about their chicken and mins later Im still trying to figure out what 'BRGC' is. (By the way that ones just made up) That or will post a picture of their bird and I will just fall in love with it. They called it a Golden Comet and for the life of me I couldnt find one anywhere. Come to find out different hatchery's will call them different names. [​IMG] I think everyone should just stick with one name! Lol

9. havi

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Quote:Opff, sorry. I posted a picture a while back asking what it was(oegb) and got a mixed reply. Some said it was bantam the others said bird. Seeing as it was a regular sized bird I just went with that. [​IMG]

10. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Quote:Opff, sorry. I posted a picture a while back asking what it was(oegb) and got a mixed reply. Some said it was bantam the others said bird. Seeing as it was a regular sized bird I just went with that. [​IMG]

A standard old english would just be an oe or oeg [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by