EVIL OEGB!!!

MonkeyZero

Songster
12 Years
Sep 14, 2007
Modesto Ca
WELL THIS IS HORRIBLE!!!

I went out to the coop to let the chickies out of the coop and put in the OEGB hen. Well my RIR, being the curious dummy she is went up to the OEGB. I knew what I was in for. Well the OEGB grabbed hold of the RIR and shook her up. I picked up the OEGB, and she was still holding on! Shes never done this to the previous hens! And plus the RIR is a bit taller!!! So I've decided to do awaywith her. I may just sale her, or give her to a friend. I could drop her off in the field but thats mean! Well yeah. WHat could have provocked her?

What's an OEGB?

Have you got very many birds? They usually do have to establish a pecking order. That can take a few days. Hens seldom fight to the death. But, if you only have a very few, then the top ones have more time to single out and pick on the lowest ranking hen(s).

If she continues to be a problem, you might be right to just sell her, or give her away as you said. We usually eat problem birds, it doesn't sound like you want to do that, though.

Last edited:
Quote:
Its a type of bird. Old English Game Bird

Last edited:
RIR was easy for me but OEGB threw me for a loop too.
big_smile.png

You learn something new every day.

No problem. I have the same problem. Someone will post something about their chicken and mins later Im still trying to figure out what 'BRGC' is. (By the way that ones just made up) That or will post a picture of their bird and I will just fall in love with it. They called it a Golden Comet and for the life of me I couldnt find one anywhere. Come to find out different hatchery's will call them different names.
barnie.gif
I think everyone should just stick with one name! Lol

Quote:
Opff, sorry. I posted a picture a while back asking what it was(oegb) and got a mixed reply. Some said it was bantam the others said bird. Seeing as it was a regular sized bird I just went with that.
D.gif

Quote:
Opff, sorry. I posted a picture a while back asking what it was(oegb) and got a mixed reply. Some said it was bantam the others said bird. Seeing as it was a regular sized bird I just went with that.
D.gif

A standard old english would just be an oe or oeg
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom