examples of a breed standard silkie?

Honestly I like the Chinese Silkie better the APA standard type. Reasons: (1)They're more intelligent, & have more personality.

(2) Larger body size.

(3) Uniqueness in body type, & different variations of comb types, & amount of toes.

(4) More inclined to free range/forage.

(5) Crest variations, & less of a chance of getting Vaulted skulls. Chinese Silkies are less likely to have Polish, or other breeds in their bloodlines.

(6) Chinese silkies vary in size(Except Bantam), range from large, & small.

Thanks! Will be looking at their feet and combs.
I have decided to go with seller 2 as they had better prices. Seller 1 also only have 3 left so i can’t really pick them out. I will be picking them out tomorrow. Hoping i’ll pick out the right chicks :fl.
One of the chicks from a vid i got:
View attachment 2941148
View attachment 2941152
These look great too! Honestly there was not a big difference between the two sellers. I’m sure you’ll get some nice birds!😊

Honestly I like the Chinese Silkie better the APA standard type. Reasons: (1)They're more intelligent, & have more personality.

(2) Larger body size.

(3) Uniqueness in body type, & different variations of comb types, & amount of toes.

(4) More inclined to free range/forage.

(5) Crest variations, & less of a chance of getting Vaulted skulls. Chinese Silkies are less likely to have Polish, or other breeds in their bloodlines.

(6) Chinese silkies vary in size(Except Bantam), range from large, & small.
I see, i actually had a Chinese silkie that i had to give away to a friend when i moved. Didn’t know there were so many differences! Mine was very flighty even though i hatched her out myself. She had a very entertaining personality though so i see why you love them!

Wanted the american silkies more available to the city folks as I find a silkies attract a lot of people here because of their weirdness. Sadly people here crossbreed them a lot and sell them as pure ‘american silkies’ with a price jump from around 15 dollars to hundreds.

These look great too! Honestly there was not a big difference between the two sellers. I’m sure you’ll get some nice birds!😊
Thanks for your opinion on the birds 😁

I see, i actually had a Chinese silkie that i had to give away to a friend when i moved. Didn’t know there were so many differences! Mine was very flighty even though i hatched her out myself. She had a very entertaining personality though so i see why you love them!

Wanted the american silkies more available to the city folks as I find a silkies attract a lot of people here because of their weirdness. Sadly people here crossbreed them a lot and sell them as pure ‘american silkies’ with a price jump from around 15 dollars to hundreds.

Thanks for your opinion on the birds 😁
Yeah, Chinese Silkies have more to them then American Silkies. I'm working on enhancing their size to 3ft.

Wow goodluck! Never thought of a silkie being so large.
Thanks. Here's my F2 Giant Silkie cockerel.
20211226_142545.jpg

I figured out after many years of raising, & breeding silkies, is that they can be quite Gamey. Had to separate a couple cockerels, since they tried to kill each other.

Thanks. Here's my F2 Giant Silkie cockerel.View attachment 2941213

I figured out after many years of raising, & breeding silkies, is that they can be quite Gamey. Had to separate a couple cockerels, since they tried to kill each other.
Wow what a large silkie cockerel. Picked the chicks up today, didn’t think the adults were that much different then my previous Chinese silkie hen but they were tiny compared to her

Back
Top Bottom