Excel spreadsheet for tracking expenses and income from chickens

Good morning everyone. This is Steve's wife again. Get ready to take my name in vain.

While in the shower this morning, I realized I had screwed up the month-to-date productivity calculation during my "fix" of yesterday. I've put new, hopefully, corrected versions on the website. This will affect only the extended spreadsheet, so if you're using the original more simple spreadsheet, feel free to ignore this. If you're using the newer, extended version, you have a couple of choices.

If you have not yet entered any data, the easiest thing is probably to download the new spreadsheet. It'll be available by 9:00am this morning. If you have entered data, I've put together a step-by-step set of illustrated instructions for making the corrections. It's not a hard fix and isn't very complicated to carry out. Steve says even he could do it!

I do apologize for the error and the hassle. I hope I haven't soured too many of you on the tool. This should do it (I hope). And Steve says, "Remember that you're all beta tester." Thank you for your patience.

Quote:
I've been thinking about the same thing.
If all of the cells with data are in the same place, and the formulas are the same in the data cells (I'll assume this is true);

Then you can highlight all of your data, do a ctrl-C for copy, then move to the new sheet, and dow a ctrl-V for insert.

Hope that helps.
Marty

That doesn't work for me. I get an error box that states it can't move multiple cells at the same time. Is there another way? I realize that I'm living in the dark ages with Office 2000, yes 2000.

Try copying one column at a time. You only need to copy your data columns (the ones you put values in). ~Ann Marie

On the 3.1 version it is showing I had purchases and I didn't. I spent like $24 and it show the 24 then flock purchases. I don't have any flock purchases.

I put my website link in my signature line. It does make it easier, thanks for the idea.

Josh, just make sure you are inputing data into the right columns. No one else has mentioned that particular error before.

Steve

Oh my goodness! Love your page - what a ton of work you're doing. After that there will be a TON of work left. What a wonderful house. Thanks for putting the link to the spreadsheet on your site.

(It'll be worth it...even though it will never end - I know because I also live in a century-old home.)

Last edited:
Quote:
I know what the problem is. How do I fix it? On the flock purchase. I put in the number of hatching eggs I bought and what I payed for them. It adds the number of eggs and the price together and show it totaled as a flock purchase.

Quote:
I know what the problem is. How do I fix it? On the flock purchase. I put in the number of hatching eggs I bought and what I payed for them. It adds the number of eggs and the price together and show it totaled as a flock purchase.

Sorry about that. We haven't purchased any hatching eggs, so this area isn't very well tested. I found the error, and it's a fairly easy fix. First, select all the month tabs at once. Clicking on "January"; hold down the SHIFT key and click on "December." This will let us change all of the months at once. Now, click in cell D43. This cell currently contains the formula
=IF(SUM(T35,V35)>0,SUM(T35:V35),0). That ":" in the second SUM statement needs to be a ",". So, change the cell to read =IF(SUM(T35,V35)>0,SUM(T35,V35),0). That will remove the number of eggs from the total.

Back
Top Bottom