Excel spreadsheet for tracking expenses and income from chickens

Wow! Thanks very much for sharing this! I went to the first page and downloaded it easy peasy.
clap.gif

you are welcome. I am talking nice to my wife to get a couple of improvements to it. mainly tracking total amount of feed used in pounds and a way to track chicken mortality. I think she is going to do it.

My wife came through for all chicken lovers! She updated the spread sheet for 2013 and made some more improvements. I will get her to post the link later today at the beginning of this thread! This is a great tool and with the new changes it is very versatile. Let me know if there is any thing else that will benefit the majority. I have tried to keep it fairly straightforward. I have seen several others but they are complicated to use. Let me know after we get the link posted.

I set up a similar program for my mother to use in tracting her chicken expenses. We tract laying rates: daily and monthly, cartons sold and money earned. After only six months we figure that our chickens have payed for half the cost of constructing they coop! So in another six months we can justify getting a bunch more chickens! Thats how that works right?!?!?!

You're doing great if you're making money. We have yet to have a positive year. So far the chickens are costing us money, or at best, pay for themselves, but we like the eggs and insect control, so we keep at it. Besides Raizin is convinced he'll eventually have a positive year.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom