Excited for new coop!

Thank You!

So my order has been placed and designed, they are coming on the 16th to build :) Now time just to sell my last few coops.

What do you use on the floor? i was thinking of just a bale of straw...
I have heavy duty foam backed vinyl over the wooden floor and going up the wall 4-8",
covered with 2-6" of kiln dried pine shavings from TSC that I totally change out once a year.
I'm using a poop board with sand and PDZ and sift out poops 2-3 times a week.

I have heavy duty foam backed vinyl over the wooden floor and going up the wall 4-8",
covered with 2-6" of kiln dried pine shavings from TSC that I totally change out once a year.
I'm using a poop board with sand and PDZ and sift out poops 2-3 times a week.

How does covering your floor with the vinyl work out for you? I am going to cover the poop board. They are putting one in for met hat is 8ft by 24" and I was going to go to home depot and have them cut me a piece of wood that size too to lay on top of the board incase we ever do need to move the chickens out to use it as an actual shed. I do plan on doing the sand and scooping it weekly too. But cover the whole floor in sheets of wood I was worried about because they say that can void my 15yr warranty if any mold is to grow between the floor and the boards.

It's worked great for 2 years now.
I used a single sheet of flooring, so no seams for any spilled water to seep thru... except at the corners.
As far as I know there have been no major spills or leaks that could have gotten under the vinyl.
Only a couple incidents of a minor spill and I removed the wet bedding immediately.
I keep it very dry in the coop, closed waterers, no 'washing' down anything when I 'clean'.

BUT I bought heavy duty foam backed vinyl, I tested the various types of backing and all the others cracked pretty easily when bent. It was not cheap.

Back
Top Bottom