Expanded our brood..mystery chicks!! **PICS**

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by WillsMama93, Apr 3, 2008.

1. WillsMama93

WillsMama93 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Shreveport, La
    OK, I did it.. we got 3 more to add to our family.. and they are doing great. Lola and Pinoccio took to them immediately, and they are one big happy family! I am so relieved.. I was worried about putting the new chicks with the 2 week olds.
    Here they are all together...
    [​IMG]

And having a bedtime snack.. we didn't have any rocks or marbles to put in the water dish, so we put in a few rolled up papertowels so the babies don't fall in and drown.
    [​IMG]

This one was so sweet.. and cute, but I have no clue what type of bantam it is.. any hints???
    This is Bambi...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this little fella was the tinyest in the bunch at the feed store, and he remonded me of Junior, so he HAD to come home with us.. any clue as to the breed?
    This is Bob...
    [​IMG]

The little yellow fuzz-butt is a cochin chic.. we named her Coconut.. we think she might be splash.
    Would love some input on our mystery breeds, just for fun!

2. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

black could be black sex link or it could be a jersy giant. mabye that was a guess

3. WillsMama93

WillsMama93 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Shreveport, La
    Do Jersey giants come ina bantam? I need to do more breed research!! [​IMG]
    In just the two short weeks we have had Lola and Pinoccio, I had forgotten how chirpy babies were the first few nights. And it's so sweet to see how Lola almost mothers the babies, hearding them, and trying to get them all cuddled next to her for bedtime!!

4. Cheep Mama

Cheep Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Michigan
    Very cute!!! We keep adding to our chick family too!! We love them! Have fun and enjoy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by