Rosenberg, TX

CluckyCharms

Songster
7 Years
Sep 28, 2012
Missouri, but Montana in my dreams
My Coop
My Coop
Hi :) Wow...nice. thank you very much for the information. We may just have to invest in one! I googled, looking to see what they tasted like...hubby and I are picky when it comes to apples. We like golden apples and green apples, but aren't keen on red delicious or other 'red' variety apples. I see honeycrisp apples are red - do they taste like red delicious?

TexasLisa

Crowing
9 Years
Jan 27, 2012
Rosenberg, TX
Hi :) Wow...nice. thank you very much for the information. We may just have to invest in one! I googled, looking to see what they tasted like...hubby and I are picky when it comes to apples. We like golden apples and green apples, but aren't keen on red delicious or other 'red' variety apples. I see honeycrisp apples are red - do they taste like red delicious?
Hi! You and your husband sound like us!! We like Granny Smith and Fuji apples. I saw Honeycrisp at the store one day and thought 'hmmmmmm'. I pay more for them but they are sure good! They are better than Red Delicious. It is a crisp sweet/tart apple. I really hope you will be able to grow these.

Lisa :)

smilingcat

Songster
10 Years
Jun 1, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Geez. $2.50 a pound?? Paid 99 cents a pound... Then again, I live near Hood River where there are lots of orchards.

Better tasting than red delicious. Crispy like Granny Smith and Fuji. yummo.

destinduck

obsessed with "ducks"
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
n.w.FLORIDA
I feel your pain Lisa. Its very hard to grow apples of any variety here. You get a few in the beginning of store bought trees. Then its all downhill. I will have to try the honeycrisp if I can find them here. I love the granny smiths.

TexasLisa

Crowing
9 Years
Jan 27, 2012
Rosenberg, TX
I feel your pain Lisa. Its very hard to grow apples of any variety here. You get a few in the beginning of store bought trees. Then its all downhill. I will have to try the honeycrisp if I can find them here. I love the granny smiths.
Hi Destinduck! Did you get hit by Hurricane Sandy? I hope you are okay!

According to the 'Master Gardners of FT. Bend County, we can grow Anna, Dorsett Golden, and Einshemer apples. (I haven't heard of these varieties) I guess I will look for them and see what I can do. The Golden and Einshemer only need 100 chill hours and Anna needs 200. I tried avocados last year and blew that.

Lisa :)

Top Bottom