Expensive Apples

Hi :) Wow...nice. thank you very much for the information. We may just have to invest in one! I googled, looking to see what they tasted like...hubby and I are picky when it comes to apples. We like golden apples and green apples, but aren't keen on red delicious or other 'red' variety apples. I see honeycrisp apples are red - do they taste like red delicious?

Hi :) Wow...nice. thank you very much for the information. We may just have to invest in one! I googled, looking to see what they tasted like...hubby and I are picky when it comes to apples. We like golden apples and green apples, but aren't keen on red delicious or other 'red' variety apples. I see honeycrisp apples are red - do they taste like red delicious?
Hi! You and your husband sound like us!! We like Granny Smith and Fuji apples. I saw Honeycrisp at the store one day and thought 'hmmmmmm'. I pay more for them but they are sure good! They are better than Red Delicious. It is a crisp sweet/tart apple. I really hope you will be able to grow these.

Lisa :)

Geez. $2.50 a pound?? Paid 99 cents a pound... Then again, I live near Hood River where there are lots of orchards.

Better tasting than red delicious. Crispy like Granny Smith and Fuji. yummo.

I feel your pain Lisa. Its very hard to grow apples of any variety here. You get a few in the beginning of store bought trees. Then its all downhill. I will have to try the honeycrisp if I can find them here. I love the granny smiths.

I feel your pain Lisa. Its very hard to grow apples of any variety here. You get a few in the beginning of store bought trees. Then its all downhill. I will have to try the honeycrisp if I can find them here. I love the granny smiths.
Hi Destinduck! Did you get hit by Hurricane Sandy? I hope you are okay!

According to the 'Master Gardners of FT. Bend County, we can grow Anna, Dorsett Golden, and Einshemer apples. (I haven't heard of these varieties) I guess I will look for them and see what I can do. The Golden and Einshemer only need 100 chill hours and Anna needs 200. I tried avocados last year and blew that.

Lisa :)

Back
Top Bottom