Experience with saddled shaped air cells

So I have my five eggs in lockdown. I have a Brinsea eco mini incubator, I've put the safety cover over the water but I find it hard to see the water height, is it okay to open the lid to top up the water? Thank you

So I have my five eggs in lockdown. I have a Brinsea eco mini incubator, I've put the safety cover over the water but I find it hard to see the water height, is it okay to open the lid to top up the water? Thank you
Yes as long as no eggs have externally pipped opening the incubator to quickly top up the water should not be a problem

Just the end of day 21. I can hear chirping on and off all day from the incubator but can't see no sign of any of them pipping through, should I be worried? Thanks

Just the end of day 21. I can hear chirping on and off all day from the incubator but can't see no sign of any of them pipping through, should I be worried? Thanks
No it’s too early to worry! If they’re peeping they’ve pipped internally and are probably resting as hatching is very tiring. I’ve read that it can take 24 hours and in some cases even longer for them to go from internal pip to external pip. Be patient and look forward to welcoming your new babies. My chicks hatched yesterday out of 20 shipped eggs 13 of them hatched 🐣. Unlike yours I didn’t hear any peeping until they were out of the eggs. Remember be patient and good luck 🤞

No it’s too early to worry! If they’re peeping they’ve pipped internally and are probably resting as hatching is very tiring. I’ve read that it can take 24 hours and in some cases even longer for them to go from internal pip to external pip. Be patient and look forward to welcoming your new babies. My chicks hatched yesterday out of 20 shipped eggs 13 of them hatched 🐣. Unlike yours I didn’t hear any peeping until they were out of the eggs. Remember be patient and good luck 🤞
Thank you so much. I will try and be patient 😄 just keep watching them haha. Awh thats great, you'll be kept busy now with 13 of them 😊

Thank you so much. I will try and be patient 😄 just keep watching them haha. Awh thats great, you'll be kept busy now with 13 of them 😊
I know what it’s like I stand there staring through the incubator looking out for them wobbling :lol:. I’ve got a broody hen outside who will hopefully be taking care of them so saves me stressing over brooder temperatures and so.

I've just had two chicks hatch this morning 😄🐣🐣 delighted
Just wondering is okay to open the incubator to take out the empty shells? as they don't have much room and can't see any other ones pipping yet

I've just had two chicks hatch this morning 😄🐣🐣 delighted
Just wondering is okay to open the incubator to take out the empty shells? as they don't have much room and can't see any other ones pipping yet
That’s great news! As long as the other eggs haven’t pipped opening the incubator to remove shells is not an issue. I used to have a brinsea mini incubator and used to open it throughout the hatch to remove shells and chicks that were fluffed up. I found that because of its small size the humidity climbed back up very quickly. Good luck with the rest!

These are the three chicks that hatched on Sunday 😊 all doing well. One seems to just chirp non stop though, is that okay? They are all eating and drinking and sleep well at night, just don't know why the first one just seems to not want to stop 😅
IMG_20210510_185024.jpg
IMG_20210510_185115.jpg
IMG_20210510_185149.jpg

Back
Top Bottom