Experienced help please...adding goslings to a goose.

They have been outside for two days. She is studiously ignoring them. I have them set up in a dog crate beside her house. They have been loving it. I will continue to bring them in at night for awhile. Mainly because their crate is no protection from rain, etc. At least she is no longer hissing at them. So I consider it an improvement. Will try to get a pic tomorrow of how I have them set up. It was HOT here today and my main concern was that they had water and shade. :)

I intend to do that tomorrow and for a bit everyday after that. By the time I brought them in tonight, she was near their crate grazing. She had stayed as far away as she could all day and ignored them. So....baby steps. They were loving it outside though. :)

Now my goose has decided to sit 2 infertile eggs. TIGHT. As in barely coming out of her house. Goslings are down there having a blast but she is still tight on her nest. She hid these eggs well. Do I bust up her nest? Let her sit?

Wasn't a silly question at all. I understand I feel the same about mine. Just can't see them sitting when it's wears on their health when they have fertile eggs so might as well not put them through the ordeal on non fertile ones.

Let me know how it goes. If she is broody she may take to the goslings better too.

Back
Top Bottom