Sounds like an interesting project!:pop Make sure you have vent holes so air can get through and circulate. Also a humidity and temperature backup would be good as well. Please keep us updated!
Yes there is water in the bottom of the cup, a vent hole in the side and holes around the top of the plastic holding the egg. Incubator has water for humidity in it also.

I prefer time lapse videos. Anyone can put a chick on the floor and say it hatched without a shell.
I'm very curious as to how the chick hatches in a cup. How does it pip? Or do you just guess and make a hole in the plastic at the right time. I could see this being utterly fascinating or heartbreaking.

I prefer time lapse videos. Anyone can put a chick on the floor and say it hatched without a shell.
I would love to do this but not sure how...my phone will take a time lapse video....but doesn't give me the ability to start where I leave off so I would have to find a way to connect little short videos....not sure I can do that from my phone. Not very tech savy...plus I would need to get the 6000 pictures I have on my phone off to free up some memory.

I'm very curious as to how the chick hatches in a cup. How does it pip? Or do you just guess and make a hole in the plastic at the right time. I could see this being utterly fascinating or heartbreaking.
Watching the video it looks like they are still encased in some type of membrane...maybe the inner one. Not really sure. And I am already preparing myself for the heartbreaking part...

If they make it that far, we will do our best to record the "hatching" or whatever you would call it. :idunno It's alredy been interesting to see the development of the blastoderms, they are so much bigger! I hope we get to the devopled heart to watch it beat! It's so interesting to watch when candling so I can only imagine seeing it so clearly! :)

Back
Top Bottom