Pics
Okay, just so people have the information: Even if you keep the environment sterile, the chicks CANNOT progress to full-term because when it comes time for the bones to ossify, in ovo, the chicks utilize the calcium in the egg shell. These embryos will progress to day 18 maximum. The Japanese experiment that succeeded did so because calcium was supplemented and potentially, oxygen too. I can't remember...but yeah, this is not possible without manipulating the artificial environment to simulate the biochemical environment within the egg shell.

Well BAD NEWS # 5 gave out too!!! Pretty sad but it was interesting to see....
aww... :hugs

Okay, just so people have the information: Even if you keep the environment sterile, the chicks CANNOT progress to full-term because when it comes time for the bones to ossify, in ovo, the chicks utilize the calcium in the egg shell. These embryos will progress to day 18 maximum. The Japanese experiment that succeeded did so because calcium was supplemented and potentially, oxygen too. I can't remember...but yeah, this is not possible without manipulating the artificial environment to simulate the biochemical environment within the egg shell.
I wonder if it would work with just the aircell end removed. (I don't plan to test it though. just a thought)

So sorry, I know that it isn't easy to do, those Japanese have been trying this for awhile over there, and I only saw one surviving chick in that video... But thanks for trying!:hugs

Back
Top Bottom