Experimenting with dry incubation; Worried about air cell size day 9..

I read up a lot on dry incubation after we realized the water had all evaporated. I thought they were gonners for sure. Glad I read up on it and didnt just dispose of them. We have such a higher humitiy here that dry incubation may be the way to go. This was our second hatch and we had a higher success rate. Started with 41, pulled 9 or 10 out at day 7 - duds, then we left it and didnt candle again (not sure why). All but 6 of the rest of them hatched. 1 died full grown in shell, and a handful we had to help out in the end. I dont know...that I am going to look into before we do another hatch next Spring. All in all 25 are healthy young chicks
smile.png

Good luck with yours, keep us posted.

Hiya! Don't stress! I always use no water- take a look at my Incubation Cheater in my signature. It's 18% in 5 incubators today, but I will likely hatch nearly every one.

You can also come visit Mahonri's Easter Hatchalong- we're all talking about incubation in there and with 170+ participants, lots of folks will be able to help with your worries.

frow.gif

Quote:
Thanks, that was helpful info to read....might email you with a few questions when I get ready to do my next hatch...which isnt until next Spring
sad.png
unless I find someone who needs some hatched for them.

Nellie please keep us updated!!
pop.gif

Quote:
Does this dry incubation proceedure also work with a forced-air Hovabator 1588?

Juliette

Yup- works great! I've retrofitted one Hova for forced air, and it's perfectly fine. You will want to make sure you have ample humidity for the last 3 days, as normal.

Back
Top Bottom