Experts with assessments not opinions busted

sybonbon

Crowing
8 Years
Jan 9, 2016
I just wanted to share my experience as to when I first posted a gender question on BYC. This is a photo of my 18 week Pullet Opal. I posted her 6 week old photo for everyone to evaluate. I got 100% assessment, not opinion that she was a cockerel. When I expressed that I had my doubts I was told I was being rude. Well I held tight to my gut feeling that she was indeed a she and I am so happy with the outcome. Moral of the story, don't be so fast to verbally attack someone because they don't agree with you. For all of those experts, she laid her first egg at 18 weeks. Not bad for a poorly laced hatchery stock cockerel.

Attachments

• IMG_20200707_110912.jpg
    IMG_20200707_110912.jpg
    848.1 KB · Views: 33
I just wanted to share my experience as to when I first posted a gender question on BYC. This is a photo of my 18 week Pullet Opal. I posted her 6 week old photo for everyone to evaluate. I got 100% assessment, not opinion that she was a cockerel. When I expressed that I had my doubts I was told I was being rude. Well I held tight to my gut feeling that she was indeed a she and I am so happy with the outcome. Moral of the story, don't be so fast to verbally attack someone because they don't agree with you. For all of those experts, she laid her first egg at 18 weeks. Not bad for a poorly laced hatchery stock cockerel.
Beautiful bird. Enjoy this beautiful day.

I am very sorry that you had that experience. It is not like that everywhere on the site. At least that is not my experience.

Will I be slapped if I say he's extremely handsome? :oops:

They are beautiful eggs. I wish I had blue ones.
I don't know if I could bring myself to eat blue eggs. I'd want to frame them all - not sure how successful I'd be with that though.

Back
Top Bottom