Explain your username thread

lau.gif
gig.gif
LOL!

i'm CayugaLover because my dad got me two gorgeous cayuga females, 2 months old, at a chicken fair for my birthday. one was all black but for a few white feathers on her chest and one was black with a white stripe down her neck and across her belly, like a penguin or tux. i named the tux one Moonbeam and the other one Midnight. Moonbeam died suddenly
hit.gif
i think she was eggbound, i got no warning whatsoever. anyway, i've continued getting closer to my Midnight, and now we're best friends. i feed my birds every morning and every night, and every morning and every night she'll come and get in my lap, let me pet her, and eat a little feed from my hand. so i'm CayugaLover 'cause i love my cayuga :) that and 'gone quackers' and 'scovie momma' were already taken... although i seriously considered 'CrazyDuckLady'... and 'MRduxSAR' :p
Wow, that's only my second time getting an "LOL" Thank you!

When I first got my 12 chicks, 12 seemed like a lot.
lol.png
I added my favorite number. I might change it, to like future farmer and artsy farmer.

mtnlaurl = Mountain Laurel

Back in the wee, early days of the internet, your email address could only have 8 characters. And you only got one email address with your account. We - husband and I - wanted a name that didn't reflect male or female so we picked the name of the most predominant shrub on our property. Then we hacked it down to 8 characters.

Since then, it's become a default catch-all name that I use when I have no idea of what name to use. I've thought several times about changing it but didn't know how to go about it until now.

I've already done this, but I will do it again because I changed my user name since then.

I'm 6' 5" and not only do my chickens follow me around, but in my younger days I was quite the ladies man.... :D

"CLUCKY ME" is self explanatory, I think. LOL
I have been truly blessed to have the family that my Husband and I have... Now, all we need are chickens... And to move to the country, eventually but I would like to start with urban Chickens before we move and then I will be REALLY LUCKY... or, CLUCKY!
1f414.png

Back
Top Bottom