Exploded Egg Mess

Ok, 4 eggs still cooking! I didn't use any chemicals, used saline.
Still running dry.
So, if they make it to lockdown, STICKY HATCHES. One egg is going to be half full of the goo. (My house duck LouLou was like that and survived, her two eggates did not...) so, @lacrystol, any suggestions? I can get to a TSC this week, any supplies I'll need or anything I should be doing?

Ok, 4 eggs still cooking! I didn't use any chemicals, used saline.
Still running dry.
So, if they make it to lockdown, STICKY HATCHES. One egg is going to be half full of the goo. (My house duck LouLou was like that and survived, her two eggates did not...) so, @lacrystol , any suggestions? I can get to a TSC this week, any supplies I'll need or anything I should be doing?
How's the smell? Is it still bad? Need to make sure the oxygen level is clear and clean. I don't think I got a respond on if you had Oxine or not.

Zero stink in bator! Down to 3 eggs. 2 are great, 1 is iffy. Good movement in all 3 but the iffy one has far too much clearness. When I hatched my house duck, her egg was like that. The clear spaces were actually about 2 full tbsps of clearish glue. I actually opened a hole in her egg and pulled out the snot/glue in one mass. No, I did not use oxine. Just saline mist and wiped with a rough dry washcloth. Incubator is a circulated air styro. Temps good, no fluctuations. RH 28%

Last edited:
AWEE it's tough once that gets on them, you have to IMMEDIATELY get it off and I mean as soon as it happens. I use Oxine this stuff is great for killing bacteria...

AWEE it's tough once that gets on them, you have to IMMEDIATELY get it off and I mean as soon as it happens.  I use Oxine this stuff is great for killing bacteria...

I'll get some Oxine.... I have a feeling I'll need it at some point!! Hoping this egg makes it though, LouLou the house duck could use a friend.
And by the time I get home, should have 2 pigeon hatchlings......

Back
Top Bottom