Explosion in Texas

I just seen this story on the news. Looks like lots of damage - hope everyone is ok. Said several injured so hope its not too bad.

There's a YouTube video of the explosion. I'd link it but the man in the video shouts some profanity after the explosion(It's worth a watch). Timothy McVeigh leveled the Alfred P Murrah building with a Ryder truck. This is an entire plant. I fear we are going to see lots of casualties, lots of injuries and a city left in ruin.

Last edited:
There's a YouTube video of the explosion. I'd link it but the man in the video shouts some profanity after the explosion(It's worth a watch). Timothy McVeigh leveled the Alfred P Murrah building with a Ryder truck. This is an entire plant. I fear we are going to see lots of casualties, lots of injuries and a city left in ruin.

If the video shows the explosion could you PM me the link ?
I couldn't find it.

Last edited:
It reminds me of the Texas City explosion in 1947. My father lost a couple of cousins in that.

I am afraid they were making fertilizer with natural gas. That explains the horrible fire that they cannot extinguish.

The math building at the University of Wisconsin was blown up in 1970 with a truck of fertilizer. That was scary; I knew that building. Luckily, I left Madison in 1965 and ended up in Viet Nam. That was just as scary.

Most likely an accident. There was a fire at the plant and firefighters were trying to put it out.

The cell phone video is impressive (not ins a good way but shows the concussion of the blast). You can hear the guys daughter? shouting that she can't hear anything a few times.

West has less than 3000 people. I think this will be very bad. According to local news there are several firefighters unaccounted for. We're also in extreme drought conditions here in Central Texas, and there were 30 mile an hour winds last night. It makes the fires spread so much faster than normal.

My heart goes out to all the people there.

I heard one news outlet call this week hell week because of this and Boston bombing happening, plus OK city bombing was this week 18 years ago and so was the school shooting in CO about 16 years ago and Waco 20 years ago all this week....

Back
Top Bottom