extra friendly Buff Orpington... is it normal?

ShaggysGirl

Songster
10 Years
May 24, 2009
Temperance, MI
Hi guys,
My 5 Buff Orpingtons are 6 weeks old. They were to be all pullets but you know how that goes.... we have one cockerel. Any ways they look so much alike I'm not totally sure it is the same one each time but I think it is. When I go in the coop or run she'll come right up to me and let me pet her she'll even stand on my shoe, while petting her she'll make little noises and seems to want to follow me out of the run... lol Such a sweety.
Is this normal for a BO to do this?
Thanks
Rhonda

It's all to do with the chicken's individual personality. Congrats on your little sweetie!
smile.png

We have 3 pullets and one rooster BO's. One of the females thinks we are here just to hold her and pet her. Her name is Lola and she knows her name. We would really grieve if something happened to her.

Yeah... love the BO's. i had one that I lost recently, she was 5. Her name was Goldie and she was sweet as pie, jump in your lap and let you pet her type of chicken. I was just given a young hen and she will follow us around the yard and stare at us and let us pick her up.
I also have a Blue Slate Turkey named Blueberry that wants to be held and if I sit down on the bench she hops up and lays down beside me.

Quote:
I have a BO named Lola, too! We thought she was a roo, and with the he/ she confusion, we thought he was taking a walk on the wild side. Lola laid the first egg.

My BO's are all sweeties!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom