Extras from Holdereads Normal?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by houndit, Jun 12, 2009.

1. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    I ordered some Khaki Campbells from Holdereads. As a surprise bonus they sent me 2 white duckling free of charge. I had not really expected this because he has such expensive stock. Has anyone else had that happen?

2. lux_interior

lux_interior Songster

Apr 28, 2009
    Joliet
    hm... maybe he just goes along with what everyone else does, they always send extras.

3. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    I got six Khaki Campbells from them this year because they had a better than expected hatch on those. I emailed a month ago and they said they were sold out, but would call if they had extras.

So, maybe so?

4. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    Quote:I just got Jaerhorns from Ideal and they sent me no extras which kind of iritated me.

I am sorry to hear that they told you they were sold out and were not. I placed the order back in I think about mid May. I figured I would not get them until next year. I just remembered. I ordered the special exhibition matins which are a lot more exspensive. Maybe they were sold out of the normal Khaki Campbells.

5. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    They had their hatches spoken for, not really the same as sold out. I got a pleasant surprise is all. If all their hatches went like that, I could see why they sent extras.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: