EXTREMELY Disappointed in shipped eggs.....HEAVY PICS

Rare Feathers Farm

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
Pleasant Valley, (Okanogan) WA
My Coop
My Coop
So I ordered 12 eggs off eBay. The guy had decent feedback....I paid a few bucks a piece for the eggs and $14 for shipping.

I sent him the PayPal last Friday and waited...and waited...I emailed him and asked about the eggs. No repsonse.

So I get home last night & the eggs were on my back porch. Immediately, I saw that something was wrong. They were encased in plastic wrap with this sticker on top:
DSCN2516.jpg

Then I noticed the SMELL and the leaking eggs!
barnie.gif

DSCN2517.jpg

DSCN2518.jpg

I saw the box wasn't even in a shape anymore. It was soggy with rotten egg mess & had completely fell apart!
DSCN2522.jpg

DSCN2523.jpg

Then I noticed the box said $7 on it and I paid $14.
he.gif

So I opened the box and almost hurled because it was SO freakin' stinky!
th.gif

DSCN2524.jpg

In the box, was a few (like two or three sheets of paper & a piece of bubble wrap. The eggs were in an egg carton and EVERY egg was SMASHED, CRACKED and/or LEAKING everywhere!
DSCN2526.jpg

DSCN2527.jpg

DSCN2528.jpg

DSCN2529.jpg

DSCN2531.jpg

And the KICKER---I just won this auction last Thursday and I paid him with PayPal on Friday...and the eggs were all marked 4/5! WTH?
somad.gif

I e-mailed the dude this morning, sent him a link to my photos and I haven't heard back from him, yet...I asked for my shipping money back and we'd call it even. I don't want to deal with him again. Sighs. You can see the 4/5 written in pencil on some of the eggs in this pic...
DSCN2533.jpg

Edited to say, I hope he doesn't try to say "oh well" about the shipping....this is NO way to package eggs! AND even if they weren't smashed, I'd expect FRESH eggs--or at least eggs that aren't a MONTH OLD!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about your eggs. That means the eggs you got were a month old. First of all any seller who just sticks the eggs in the carton and doesnt wrap the eggs individually with bubblewrap doesnt know what their doing. Eggs need to be individually wrapped with bubble wrap.

oh gosh that is just horrible. I am so sorry. It's bad enough the PO destroyed them ( his packing looked lame at best ) but for the eggs to be a month old is unacceptable.

What was his ebay name so we can make sure not to buy from him?

Are you sure it wasn't suppose to stand for the the 4th of May? That was Sunday....

I just don't see why anyone would keep eggs hanging around that long.

btw: did you get anything out of my swap eggs?

Last edited:
Maybe? But they sure SMELLED TO HIGH HEAVEN! I'm not sure that eggs which were just three days old would smell like that...these were like stink bomb eggs!

Well, it looks like all 5 of them have something in them...they are in the "hatching" bator with the higher humidity...I can't remember which day I figured they were due....but I think it's soon!

ouch! I got my eggs off ebay yesterday. Only one of the 30 she had packed was broken. I was very happy with them. They are rare breeds:) I was worried about buying off of ebay but I had a good experience. Sorry you had a bad experience. I hope I don't order from that guy some day. I would be SO FREAKING MAD.

I have never had to package and ship eggs before but I am pretty sure you would have to wrap them a HECK of a lot better then one sheet of bubble wrap. That does not sound like a good seller. I can see if they were shipped well, charging the extra shipping (for box, bubble wrap, etc. on top of the shipping charge). But that wrapping job is unexcusable. I know nothing about shipping eggs but I can tell that! Sorry you didn't get the eggs you were wanting.
sad.png

Meg

Quote:
I got eggs shipped to me once that were in a carton. But the carton was completly wrapped (a couple times around) with bubble wrap. Actually they are in my incubator right now.

Back
Top Bottom