Extremely late blooming Rooster

Oncoming Storm

Crowing
Jun 3, 2019
So about four-five months ago, I was given a batch of four silkies roughly about two months old. All turned out to be cockerels. One has a bad case of valgus Vera and the curly toe syndrome. By the time I got him, there wasn’t anything I could do to fix it. He’s about five months old now, doing very well and is very happy. He’s learned how to stand, walk, and run with his disabilities. The only thing he lacks is his manhood. Yes. He is a boy. He has spurs growing and male hackle and saddle feathers. But his comb and wattles are still a mulberry purple and small. Because of his disabilities I have seen that he developes slower than his luckier siblings but this seems unusual. Could this mean that he is steril or that he possibly has hormonal issues as well?

Dominant roosters in a flock can suppress hormone levels in subordinates. This may very well be slowing his development.

Dominant roosters in a flock can suppress hormone levels in subordinates. This may very well be slowing his development.
None of my other roosters are like this though. His brothers were both crowing and had huge combs and wattles a month ago.

Back
Top Bottom