Eye closed and swollen!! Please help!

On April 10th you started a thread mentioning a new chicken.

Is this current sick bird the new chicken?
Is it also the one you just treated for worms?
Hello Ms. Kiki! It is the first bird I had that got sick not the new one. But I wonder if the new one is a carrier. I rather her be a carrier I guess than having to deal with this again. I do pray she stays well. She is well thus far… now my other bird. The first one I got is the one that got sick. But she is so much better now. After I went to the vet. You can see the details of the treatment provided by the vet that I responded to Eggsessive. But yeah. That’s that. How are you? Anyways… say a little prayer. She is well… I will follow up with the vet to see what he thinks and if I should give her anything else. I want to buy a veterinarian pocket size urgent care poultry guide with clinical descriptions of disease and their treatment!!!! Talk soon!

Last edited:
Glad that you were able to get vet medical care for her. Mostly when the eye is gunky it is a bacterial respiratory disease, such as MG. The ofloxacin is good for the eye. If it doesn’t completely clear up soon, then the vet could prescribe a systemic antibiotic.

Glad that you were able to get vet medical care for her. Mostly when the eye is gunky it is a bacterial respiratory disease, such as MG. The ofloxacin is good for the eye. If it doesn’t completely clear up soon, then the vet could prescribe a systemic antibiotic.
Good idea. I’m tempted to get something in the black market aka feed store!? You have any suggestions?

Yes indeed. I am going to see if I can give systemic. She is so much better. Acts normal and here eyes are normal. Thank goodness…. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

Hello Ms. Kiki! It is the first bird I had that got sick not the new one. But I wonder if the new one is a carrier. I rather her be a carrier I guess than having to deal with this again. I do pray she stays well. She is well thus far… now my other bird. The first one I got is the one that got sick. But she is so much better now. After I went to the vet. You can see the details of the treatment provided by the vet that I responded to Eggsessive. But yeah. That’s that. How are you? Anyways… say a little prayer. She is well… I will follow up with the vet to see what he thinks and if I should give her anything else. I want to buy a veterinarian pocket size urgent care poultry guide with clinical descriptions of disease and their treatment!!!! Talk soon!

On April 10th you started a thread mentioning a new chicken.

Is this current sick bird the new chicken?
Is it also the one you just treated for worms?

Back
Top Bottom