Eye Infection?

Glad you were able to see the vet.
I'd work on getting the eye open, flush it with saline and apply an eye ointment like Terramycin twice a day.

She may have something else going on like reproductive issues. I'd make sure her crop is emptying. Consider getting extra Calcium into her once daily as well.

Hopefully she'll improve with the medication the vet gave you.

Glad you were able to see the vet.
I'd work on getting the eye open, flush it with saline and apply an eye ointment like Terramycin twice a day.

She may have something else going on like reproductive issues. I'd make sure her crop is emptying. Consider getting extra Calcium into her once daily as well.

Hopefully she'll improve with the medication the vet gave you.
Update - we started the Terramycin about 2 days ago, twice a day. We apply on the outside of the eye after we flush with saline. Started giving her calcium once a day, 2 days ago.

Definitely seems to be improving. She's more fiesty when my husband tries to open her mouth to give her the antibiotic.

She hasn't laid, which I guess is normal for a recovering chicken? The only concerning thing to me is she lays in the yard and nods off. But shes eating and drinking and moving around fine.

Back
Top Bottom