Eye injury? What to do for my girl?

So far little improvement in her eye or demeanor. She is opening it more, but scratching at it more too. I am treating it with antibiotic as suggested and hope to see improvement. I am still holding out hope it is an injury and not MG as suggested, but she does have a lot of the symptoms. She is low-man on the totem pole so her behavior could be just an attempt at being 'still' so she doesn't get harassed. If she does have MG, I am sure the rest of my small backyard flock of six do as well. No worries on breeding or giving her away (they are pets) or adding more. We would only start with chicks again once my girls have all passed from old age (hopefully). In the meantime we are adding another feeder/more treat stations to try to alleviate the bullying from our boss mama Bard Rock.
That's the best thing to do. Good luck and I hope she gets well asap!

Just an update- she seems to be doing fine. Still rests a lot compared to the others, and makes the purring/cooing noise often that’s unique to her, but seems happy. I’ve attached a pic of her eye as it is now.

Attachments

• 13607798-DEB5-4F5C-ABCF-C9C6016A1B00.jpeg
    13607798-DEB5-4F5C-ABCF-C9C6016A1B00.jpeg
    381 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom