Eye problem.... Looks very bad!!! PLEASE HELP

ChilliPepper

Hatching
Sep 25, 2015
Hi Everyone,
I bought 3 chicks a couple of months back (when they were around 1 week old). Recently one of my chickens had one side of her face swollen and her beak wouldn't close properly. The swelling has decrease but now it looks like her face kind of collapsed on its self, her eye won't open properly and her beak seems to be deformed... SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME, This is the first time something serious has happened and I have had kept chicken for over 6 years.

Details about the chick:
Name: Chloe
Breed: We asked the seller, and the only info they gave that they were cross breeds
Before: She was a healthy chook, was very active and playful
Now: Struggles to drink, feed and makes weird noises

Attached are Pictures of her now:

14 people have looked at your post so far, and no comments...I don't know what to say either! I'm posting to bump it up. Hopefully a more experienced person sees this!

Good Luck!
hugs.gif

The left side of her face was Swollen as well as the inside of her beak. Her 'mouth' began to stay open because of the swelling and After the swelling came down it began to do that...

@cornfedhogedito

Last edited:
1clicc when I did that mine lost vision in the eye, it did come back about 4 days later. The color left the eye and scared the heck out of me.

ChilliPepper, Thanks for that info doesn't help me recall anything that will help but might with someone else. hopefully Eggcessive will see this and know the answer she is good! I am always reading and haven't read about this happening BUT I might not have gotten there yet!

Sorry for your troubles Hopefully we can find the answer for you!

Back
Top Bottom