EYE

Jan 23, 2022
Nrh Tx
Im pretty sure my hen i have just rescued has omd (ocular marek disease) and i have a small flock so i dont know what to do they might all get it now
E246B0FD-8E8A-4F91-8DE8-2D7AD11A0056.jpeg

May we see the other eye for comparison? The right eye appears pretty normal to me.

Have you examined her skin around the feather shafts for any raised lesions?

Yes, I can see the eyes do not quite match. But it doesn't necessarily mean ocular Marek's. The eye in question, while not quite normal, doesn't have the greying and washout of the color in the iris, and the pupil, while not quite a perfect round pupil, isn't the shriveled, irregular pupil we see in an eye with Marek's tumors.

Have you tried flushing the eye and using an ophthalmic antibiotic such as Terramycin in the eye?

Yes, I can see the eyes do not quite match. But it doesn't necessarily mean ocular Marek's. The eye in question, while not quite normal, doesn't have the greying and washout of the color in the iris, and the pupil, while not quite a perfect round pupil, isn't the shriveled, irregular pupil we see in an eye with Marek's tumors.

Have you tried flushing the eye and using an ophthalmic antibiotic such as Terramycin in the eye?
No not yet

Back
Top Bottom