Eyes will not improve in my salmon faverolle

Chickens occasionally suffer allergic reactions. It's not possible to say that's what's going on here, but you can try children's benadryl. It's easy to overdose it, though, so be careful.

The dose is .5 ml once in a 24 hour period. No more. No more often.
I'll give children's Benadryl a try. I've had her isolated from the flock for a long time now and honestly just don't know what to do with her, since she seems healthy otherwise, but I'm afraid to introduce something to everyone else.

I would place her back in the flock and make sure that she doesn’t get bullied. If she has been out for more than a week, you may want to put her in a crate in the coop for a slow introduction. You said that you have dealt with a resp disease in the past, so your flock has all been exposed and should be considered carriers. No need to separate.

It looks like she has some conjunctivitis and that the pink tissue is overgrown in that area, or she may have been pecked. I would continue giving antibiotic ointment twice a day. It may go away. You can order Tylan injectable online and use it orally, or you can find Tylan powder for the water here:
https://www.jedds.com/shop/tylan-soluble-100-g/

I would place her back in the flock and make sure that she doesn’t get bullied. If she has been out for more than a week, you may want to put her in a crate in the coop for a slow introduction. You said that you have dealt with a resp disease in the past, so your flock has all been exposed and should be considered carriers. No need to separate.

It looks like she has some conjunctivitis and that the pink tissue is overgrown in that area, or she may have been pecked. I would continue giving antibiotic ointment twice a day. It may go away. You can order Tylan injectable online and use it orally, or you can find Tylan powder for the water here:
https://www.jedds.com/shop/tylan-soluble-100-g/
I haven't been able to find Tylan injectable anywhere for a long time. I have Tylan powder. I tried giving her Benadryl yesterday, and I've continued with ointment, but she seems the same. I also noticed a pink looking rash. I don't known if it's related to all this or not.

Attachments

• 20190924_115331.jpg
    20190924_115331.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20190924_090330.jpg
    20190924_090330.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 8
Have you mentioned your geographical location? It would help us when we're formulating answers to your questions. For example, if you are in the southern hemisphere, those pink streaks on the feet in your pics could be from spring hormones. Anyway, they are benign.

Use the Tylan powder. I searched, and was amazed that all the mail order vendors are out of the liquid. Weird.

Have you mentioned your geographical location? It would help us when we're formulating answers to your questions. For example, if you are in the southern hemisphere, those pink streaks on the feet in your pics could be from spring hormones. Anyway, they are benign.

Use the Tylan powder. I searched, and was amazed that all the mail order vendors are out of the liquid. Weird.
Thank you. I'm in the central Virginia area of the US.

Yes, I think the liquid has been on a nationwide backorder for months. I don't know why though.

Back
Top Bottom