Facebook question...

I've met a few people though face book, as a matter of fact, one girl I'm going to connect with at a concert this weekend. We met because of the band we like. I've met a few people from other countries as well. Sometimes it's fun to find out how other people see things. Plus I've connected with a few other people from school thats been fun to see how they're doing.

There was one person I declined a friend request from, my DSD's SF. It was over 8 months ago. Just the other day my DSD was on the phone with her mother and could hear him in the back ground complaining about me declining his request, how he felt disrespected and that he didn't want to go to an event where I would be (her graduation from college), after all, he was just trying to be nice, blah blah blah... #1 what business does my DH's exwife's, husband have trying to friend me? I have always hated him. # 2, it's been over 8 months, he needs to get over it! Why is it that important to him? #3, My civility toward him ended once our DSD turned 18! And is only extended during important events regarding our DSD, period! #4, trust me I was being nice by declining the SOB!

I enjoy facebook very much. I stay in touch with family and old friends. A lot of old friends from high school and elementary school too. I'm not 'close' friends with all of them but enjoy seeing their posts even if I don't comment on all of them. It is only a social network and I don't take it too seriously. I just make sure I keep restrictions on all my pictures. It's all in good fun, I think.

Most of the people on my friends list are people from here (BYC). I'm thinking about purging since most of the BYC people were added for games, and I rarely, if ever, play games on there anymore.

But if I purged the ones that I never interact with, that would include most, if not all, of the family I have on my friends, so I'll have to consider that when cleaning out my friends.
roll.png

I chucked facebook altogether and now just have my page for my chicken business. It was a waste of time and I can't be bothered to have 400 folks from highschool constantly chatting at me...so I got rid of it.

I have some I interact with often, some that we interact with on FB but still interact, several from HS and other random past-times that are good people and it's nice to know we can keep in touch and have a method to do so... every once in awhile I purge people I don't really have any care for any more... wish them the best, but they are either too much drama, negative, people who talk negatively to others about something I have posted... etc. I also delete people who have blocked their photos or walls from me and all I can see if the info page. I don't see any reason in allowing people access to me if they feel they need to block me. I like nice people and friends... not stalkers. I also make sure to check my privacy settings on a regular basis... they change stuff so often I make sure the whole world isn't seeing something I don't want them to. I also no longer "like" various sayings, ramblings and groups because that gives them access to my information and friends lists. I removed all of the games, butterflies, etc.

I just went through my list today and have it at 250.

Back
Top Bottom