Facebook Users......

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Nupine, May 28, 2010.

1. Nupine

Nupine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Ok. So, I was wondering, do you ever friend random people, and do you accept friend request from random people? I typically don't friend random people. If I see their comments, and they seems pretty cool and we have lots of mutual friends, I do. There are so exceptions. Just for a laugh, I friended one of the guys on the U.S. Olympic Curling team, he had a couple thousand friends, and his fiance writes on his wall and such, and tons of pictures, and he asks for prayers for his dad with cancer, so I'm quite sure its him. I friended ''Phil Collins'', but the birthdate is waaayyyy off so I know its not him. But I requested him to a bunch of my friends, so we joke about it. Today, I friended Steven Adler [due to context clues on his page, I almost positive its him], who was the drummer of my favorite band, Guns N' Roses for a while. He has a couple thousand friends, so far he hasn't accepted my request, but we shall see! Axl Rose [the lead singer of GnR] was tagged on his wall, and his profile photo was a recent photo like at someones house or something, not a stock photo from like 20 yrs ago, so I'm guessing it might be him. I friended him too [​IMG] This should get interesting.....
    But as far as people who friend me, if they are from BYC or the goat forum I'm on, I always accept them. Also if they are local and I have mutual friends I accept them. If they are from halfway around the world or whatever, or they look creeeepy, then NO. But if they are local, then its fine. Someone local with mutual friends friended me, and I accepted it, and he turned out to be pretty cool and helped me some with the math I was doing. I don't have ANY contact info besides email thats viewable even to friends, so I think I'm pretty safe. So.....do you ever friend random people or accept random friend requests?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

No.

3. Mrs. Green Thumbs

Mrs. Green Thumbs Chillin' With My Peeps

I do for gaming. Other than that nope, I only communicate with family and RL friends. Unless it's a group or something.... BYC should TOTALLY have a facebook page....

4. debilorrah

BYC totally DOES have a FB page. [​IMG]

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    No.

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Mrs. Green Thumbs :

I do for gaming. Other than that nope, I only communicate with family and RL friends. Unless it's a group or something.... BYC should TOTALLY have a facebook page....

They do have it on Facebook! It's the original one tho.​

7. Nupine

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    BYC does have a fb page page....its called BYC [BackYardChickens)
    Its actually a group.
    There are 1400 members [​IMG]

8. debilorrah

9. Nupine

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Besides the other people I don't personally know that I friend [​IMG], I have probably 30-40 BYC friends on fb, and ones from the goat forum I'm on. Its really great!

10. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    I only have BYC peeps and people I know as friends with the exception one woman I met on a game forum. She speaks almost no English and I speak almost no French so we get along great. She'll take a quiz in French and then I'll take it just for kicks and we get alot of the same results. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by