Failing as a chicken owner

Can you get some dry organic material in there to take up some of the moisture?

Coarse wood chips are often considered the gold standard for controlling mud, but anything would help.

Do you have any "clutter" in your run?

A pallet teepee, intact straw bales, or other such items would give them something to do.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/a-cluttered-run.1323792/
I put some pellet bedding down and that helped. I definitely can’t wait to get them moved. I have several things they can jump up on and some hanging treat holders that they peck at to get homemade treats.

I put some pellet bedding down and that helped. I definitely can’t wait to get them moved. I have several things they can jump up on and some hanging treat holders that they peck at to get homemade treats.

Do you have anything they can get behind or under?

Even something as simple as a pallet leaned against the wall of the coop? (Just make sure that there are two exits so they can't be trapped).

I'm sure most of us have been there. I've had chickens for 3 years now and unfortunately have went through several flocks 😔 we've had them disappear, killed or die of sickness and it has been really hard on me. At one point I had decided I wasn't going to get more chickens bc I was tired of getting my heart broken. But I'm glad I kept going bc I have such a sweet and so far healthy flock right now. Unfortunately anything can happen and it's usually out of your control. I'm sorry you're going through such a hard time but I would say keep pushing through bc in my experience it is worth it! The good moments outweigh the bad and backyard chickens is so helpful and will be there every step of the way, they have for me. You can do this💕

Back
Top Bottom