Fair price for breeding stock? 20 yrs developing silver laced Brahmas

Beautiful birds....I have a friend who's out of town until tomorrow that I'm 99.9% sure would be interested. I would too if I had anymore space! Maybe it's time for a new pen?!?

Quote:
Probably not, I do have a few extra males, but want to let them grow out a bit to be sure who my breeders are. Going out now to study my silver laced cockerels, wish they were 4-6 months older to be more sure of the finished product.

I'd just put an ad on eggbid and see what happens.
wink.png
They are pretty birds. I'd love some golden laced brahmas--that's one of my favorite colors.
smile.png

Quote:
Probably not, I do have a few extra males, but want to let them grow out a bit to be sure who my breeders are. Going out now to study my silver laced cockerels, wish they were 4-6 months older to be more sure of the finished product.

So, I'm curious... What other colors do you have? Very nice job on the silver laced! They are amazing
thumbsup.gif

Their worth also depends upon how badly someone wants it. Those who want them alot will pay for them. $100.00 a pair is much to low.
I would start the bid on Eggbid with a reserve of $500.00 for a Trio. If no one bids you can lower it next time. They may however go up much higher, especially if in the explaination of sale you mention that you are the only one at this time with these birds.

Now if you are going to sell them for $100.00 a pair you bet I'll take some! Even eggs!!

I'll look forward to checking these out at OH Nationals. With all I put into various dud hatching eggs this year, I could have put that money toward something like these and been happy as a peach.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
HA! E and I have been discussing selling every bird on the place just so I can get a trio of these!
love.gif
They're just BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

Quote:

So, I'm curious... What other colors do you have? Very nice job on the silver laced! They are amazing
thumbsup.gif

These are a more recent side project. They still have a way to go, improve type, set the comb, improve foot feathering, etc., you get the idea.

24364_chickens_mostly_084.jpg

Back
Top Bottom