Fair price for Coturnix???

sunnychooks

Songster
12 Years
Jul 21, 2007
NJ
I hatched some Coturnix 4 weeks ago for the first time. I want to keep some, but the rest I'd like to sell. What is a fair price for young unsexed quail? I'm in NJ.

Whitehouse Quail

Songster
10 Years
Jul 1, 2009
Michigan
Here's my price list, http://sites.google.com/site/whitehousequail/home/master-price-list-download but there is always different market values for them.

Hope this helps!
smile.png

sunnychooks

Songster
12 Years
Jul 21, 2007
NJ
Thank you both so much! That does help. Here's another question: I have a variety of colors. Some I can tell by the color of their breast feathers if they are male or female, but others I cannot. Is there any way to sex them if they are very dark or if they are white (or have white chests)?
Also, I have read about the colors, but unless I've missed it somewhere, I can't seem to find the color description with a photo that I can compare mine to so that I can know the names of their different color patterns. I know it has to be somewhere, I just can't find it!
Thanks!

ETA: I don't think they are old enough to vent sex yet. Am I correct?

Last edited:

Thegamekeeper

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 2, 2010
ENGLAND UK
You can sex coturnix quail at 3 weeks old. Ive just sold 7 pairs of 3 week old jumbo coturnix quail at £3.00 a pair, (cock&hen) i dunno what that would be in dollars though.

sunnychooks

Songster
12 Years
Jul 21, 2007
NJ
Thanks for all the info and the wonderful web links! How old do they have to be before I am able to vent sex them?

Top Bottom