Fairy Tail Farms English Orpingtons

So my choices with my English Orpington boys.

1000003203.jpg

This is not as full in the brest as the other two. No flop or crinkle in the comb.

1000003205.jpg

This one has good full brest. No flop or crinkle in the comb either.

1000003228.jpg

Crinkle or flop in the comb. Good fullness in the brest. I think he's the biggest of all the males.

They would be easier to judge if I could get them to stand correctly with out them trying to leave.🤣

View attachment 3643854
This is not as full in the brest as the other two. No flop or crinkle in the comb.

View attachment 3643855

View attachment 3643856
Crinkle or flop in the comb. Good fullness in the brest. I think he's the biggest of all the males.

They would be easier to judge if I could get them to stand correctly with out them trying to leave.🤣
How old are they now? I'd say #3 if he didn't have that wacky comb, #1 neck feathers are muddled looking, #2 is my pick (and he has a sweet face😍)

She's dominant white, so all the chicks come out paint (I think it's also called ermine) and lay light green eggs, with muffs and beards ❤️ This is one my neighbor hatched from eggs she bought from me

Attachments

• 20230829_181502.jpg
    20230829_181502.jpg
    687.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Resized_20230909_182914.jpeg
    Resized_20230909_182914.jpeg
    997.3 KB · Views: 3

View attachment 3643854

View attachment 3643855

View attachment 3643856

I like the overall look of #2. He looks similar to my former rooster "Mr Wonderful." (Who was simply wonderful to his hens and great around children)

They are all four months old.

Yup number 3 was my top pick untill his comb started flopping over. I do agree number two does seam to be a nice balanced choice. His tail is lacking but that might fill in later.

They are all good boys. It's still hot here and they don't get handled much. This is the cause of number one panting.

On male English Orpingtons should the comb not flop over? Or is that ok?
No flop. You could eliminate #3 from the running now. Keep #1 and #2 and see how they look at nine months. They won't be breeding yet by then anyway. The SLO cockerel I have is at least nine months and he's not even crowing yet.

Back
Top Bottom