Fall crochet block swap, sign ups until Oct 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Joanns carrys this yard and you might be able to get free shipping. If they don't offer it, ask them if they will ship for free and they may make an exception. What't the worst that can happen they say no? I'm headed there today.

Now for me? If someone can't get the yarn to do the border, I'm willing to accept your squares.
hugs.gif

Love ya,

Rancher
I saw it at my JoAnn's store yesterday. They definitely carry it online and you are so right that every once in a while they will offer FREE shipping with no limit of purchase.
Here's the online link but forgot to check out what kind of shipping special they are offering at the moment.

http://www.joann.com/red-heart-with-love-yarn/zprd_11313509a/

If you sign up for their e-mails and down load their app you can get more coupons to use besides the mail flyer ones. I was excited yesterday to find out you could use all of them in one day.

I saw it at my JoAnn's store yesterday. They definitely carry it online and you are so right that every once in a while they will offer FREE shipping with no limit of purchase.
Here's the online link but forgot to check out what kind of shipping special they are offering at the moment.

http://www.joann.com/red-heart-with-love-yarn/zprd_11313509a/

If you sign up for their e-mails and down load their app you can get more coupons to use besides the mail flyer ones. I was excited yesterday to find out you could use all of them in one day.

down load their app,
lau.gif
that's a good one. Honey I can just about dial my cell phone. I took pictures and can't find them.
lau.gif

I did go to Joannes and got one and will wait til Sunday to get more. They will accept Michaels and AC moores coupons too. I don't think we'll need to many skeins though. It was a good choice. Michaels and AC Moores don't carry it.

Last edited:
I just got back from yarn shopping and I was able to find the colors I needed for the square I'm wanting to make, they had to be 4 related colors and gradated in color so I wasn't going to make up my mind the exact color until I saw what they had and chose the prettiest of what would work. I ended up w/ oranges. They had some very tempting varigated yarns that were awesome, but I didn't think they would work w/ my block. My little po dunk wally world (one of the few not even having a grocery store in it) carries that w/ love chocolate, but the big Hobby Lobby in Tulsa that has 3 long isles of yarn .............................................. notta!!!!!!!
he.gif

Anyway here is a sneak peek for the voyers (sp) among us.
gig.gif

Those are the colors

And the very beginnings, less then 1/4 of the first block.

down load their app,
lau.gif
that's a good one. Honey I can just about dial my cell phone. I took pictures and can't find them.
lau.gif

I did go to Joannes and got one and will wait til Sunday to get more. They will accept Michaels and AC moores coupons too. I don't think we'll need to many skeins though. It was a good choice. Michaels and AC Moores don't carry it.
I know what you mean, I have a simple phone that makes and recieves calls, if it went to school it would ride the" short bus". I have figured out how to do most everything I need to do online on the computer, but if I get off a "beaten path" go over my head very quickly.

I just got back from yarn shopping and I was able to find the colors I needed for the square I'm wanting to make, they had to be 4 related colors and gradated in color so I wasn't going to make up my mind the exact color until I saw what they had and chose the prettiest of what would work. I ended up w/ oranges. They had some very tempting varigated yarns that were awesome, but I didn't think they would work w/ my block. My little po dunk wally world (one of the few not even having a grocery store in it) carries that w/ love chocolate, but the big Hobby Lobby in Tulsa that has 3 long isles of yarn .............................................. notta!!!!!!!
he.gif

Anyway here is a sneak peek for the voyers (sp) among us.
gig.gif

Those are the colors

And the very beginnings, less then 1/4 of the first block.
PRETTY!!!! Love the colors!

Kassaundra-lovely colors. I'm using scraps, so there will be a great variety. Unfortunately, the border color I got was Red Heart Soft chocolate, not Love. I'll have to go back to Joanne's and see whether they match. If they don't, I'll have to redo the borders on the two squares I've made. The soft can go elsewhere in other squares.

Computers? When I took a computer programming class in college, we wrote in Fortran and used keypunch machines to made cards and time-shared a computer with another college. It just now took several tries to get onto this thread. I think it was BYC's problem and not mine, but my first response was to think it was me.

Kass - I like those colors for sure.

I've been looking at squares at crochetcentral and may try more than one. I've got some nice green left over from the church knitting thing. I think I mentioned it here before. One square is called Mulberry bush and I've got some nice berry color for that one.

I'm planning a trip to AL in a week or so and will have to take everything with me. They have a computer so I can easily pull up the patterns when I get there.

I don't know about everyone else but I'm getting excited about this swap.

I am too, these colors fall right into my house color scheme. This first block is one I figured out from a quilt block pattern that I liked. I can't wait to see it complete to see if it really is going to do what I want it to. I may have to try and find some patterns for varigated yarn there were some amazing color combos in that today at the store.

Alas. The Red Heart soft chhocolate is just different enough from Red Heart love chocolate that they're not interchangeable. I have a little backtracking to do. It's a good lesson in paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom