Fall crochet block swap, sign ups until Oct 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.
kassaundra, what are the brands and names of the orage and red colors you got? I looked all over Joanns for a nice orange and ended up coming home with Mango but wasn't really in love with the choice. I like the way your orange looks and was planning to go back tomorrow for a better red than what i have... i also printed off a 20% off coupon yesterday too so of course i have to use it, especially since a lot of the yarn is on sale right now!

I bought the Gold the other day and LOVE the color. I may have went a little overboard on colors but here's what ive got to work with right now...
Chocolate
Gold
Mango
Pumpkin(probably wont use)
A Bernat no name orange-gold color, real pretty.
Tea leaf
Medium thyme
Windsor blue
Chili
Woodsy
Sandtones(MIGHT use)

I just finished a square with the Woodsy and its my favorite one so far!

The brand is "I love this yarn" from Hobby Lobby, don't know if other stores carry it or not. The colors are from lightest to darkest in order

Cream
sungold
burnt pumkin
terra cotta

I'm haveing assembly issues w/ my blocks, they just aren't going together right, I've tried 3 diff ways to assemble them so guess I need to start looking for either a completely diff way to assemble/organize them or start looking for a new block.

Last edited:
I'm almost finished with my first square, which reminds me of Indian Candy Corn and makes me hungry. I'll take a pic when i get home tonight. I'm not completely in love with it--it has too many places where toes could poke through, lol. I've got a few other patterns I want to try so I'll start those this weekend.

I'm almost finished with my first square, which reminds me of Indian Candy Corn and makes me hungry. I'll take a pic when i get home tonight. I'm not completely in love with it--it has too many places where toes could poke through, lol. I've got a few other patterns I want to try so I'll start those this weekend.
If it's a nice pattern, I wouldn't worry about toes. Large squares can also be pillow covers, hassock covers, shawls and who knows what else.

I'm trying to get a head start on this one since I'll be gone for 10 days in October. That being said, I have to amend the first two squares. They were experiments in terms of where to change colors. Also, I used a marginal color which will work as an accent but not as a main color. The squares are slightly weird, useable for some things, but just not something I'd want to put into this swap.

I'm still working out assembly bugs on my square too, at a point where I need to decide if it can be assembled the way I want it to be, or I need to regroup and rethink this square, or move on to another.

If it's a nice pattern, I wouldn't worry about toes. Large squares can also be pillow covers, hassock covers, shawls and who knows what else.
I didn't even think of that! It would make a really nice pillow cover.
big_smile.png
Thanks Alethea!!

Now now, there's no need to feel bad. Good garden o' peas. These days there are so many varieties of everything your eyes suffer sensory overload. This is why stores have to be selective on what they can stock.

DW sends me to the store and I have to call her and ask for further details including box color and label ingredients. Sometimes I just buy some of every style, flavor or color and say "if you don't want it donate it to the food pantry".

I'm so old I remember when jeans were Farmer wear, not a fashion statement and butt altering experience.
hmm.png

I'm really enjoying these colors and the pattern I'm using and am thinking about being a full participant instead of a donor only. Someone suggested that last time when I mentioned how much I liked the 6" squares I made, but it wouldn't work for me. This one will. Besides, I might actually be able to use all the red (there's red wool, too, but that's another project). May I change my status?

I'm really enjoying these colors and the pattern I'm using and am thinking about being a full participant instead of a donor only. Someone suggested that last time when I mentioned how much I liked the 6" squares I made, but it wouldn't work for me. This one will. Besides, I might actually be able to use all the red (there's red wool, too, but that's another project). May I change my status?
Sure, I'll make the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom