fall granny square swap???

I'm only asking is because last year I particapated in that one and LOVED all the awesome squares i recieved . I would offer to host it but I just recently had a baby on 7/26 so I'm afraid he may tie me up just enough to where hosting is asking a lil much, but I would definatley be able to make a square a day atleast . So please if anyone has the time or would also like to do a fall granny square swap I would love to be apart of it :)

I'm working on squares for a swap that ends at the end of this month. I'd like to participate or host one for this fall, but right now I am concentrating on getting my blocks finished.

Any thoughts on colors?

Depending on when they would be due I may be interested in joining..
The swap I am in right now had set colors, I liked the idea at first, but several of us found it difficult to get some specific colors that were available in other areas of the country even though the atttempt was made to pick pretty standard colors and national brands of thread. I was thinking if we did basic fall colors (purples, oranges, reds, yellows, greens) but chose maybe a dark chocolate brown like a redheart that is pretty common, as a final round color, that could unify the blocks. Over all you could use the brown color as much as you wanted, except at least the final round of each block would be the one decided on color. What does everyone think????

The swap I am in right now had set colors, I liked the idea at first, but several of us found it difficult to get some specific colors that were available in other areas of the country even though the atttempt was made to pick pretty standard colors and national brands of thread. I was thinking if we did basic fall colors (purples, oranges, reds, yellows, greens) but chose maybe a dark chocolate brown like a redheart that is pretty common, as a final round color, that could unify the blocks. Over all you could use the brown color as much as you wanted, except at least the final round of each block would be the one decided on color. What does everyone think????

Sounds good to me..

I have been having the same sort of problem finding yarn here.. most of the colors I'm looking for are available on Red Heart's website.. but I'm trying to find what I can locally instead of paying a higher online price plus shipping.

I found a quilt block I liked and have been playing around making it into a crochet pattern that would be great for this swap. Guess that is when we officially make it into a swap. lol Anyway I think the pattern is pretty much set and I'm excited to pick out some colors for it. (just been pattern making w/ a extra yarn I had laying around) It will be 4 colors plus the brown, sounds very busy, but there is a set pattern to it that makes it a cool 3D effect.

Back
Top Bottom