fall granny square swap???

I checked out the colors while I was in Walmart. There is a Red Heart with Love in Chocolate that is really nice. It's about the same color as the Red Heart Coffee, but I think it's a little softer. I was going to look at the Vanna colors, but our Walmart has gotten rid of Vanna!!
idunno.gif
I liked that yarn, daggone it. Oh well, if a color is chosen that I can't find here I'm sure I can find it in the next town over. I also found a pretty gold, and orange, and red, and green....
love.gif

I checked out the colors while I was in Walmart. There is a Red Heart with Love in Chocolate that is really nice. It's about the same color as the Red Heart Coffee, but I think it's a little softer. I was going to look at the Vanna colors, but our Walmart has gotten rid of Vanna!!
idunno.gif
I liked that yarn, daggone it. Oh well, if a color is chosen that I can't find here I'm sure I can find it in the next town over. I also found a pretty gold, and orange, and red, and green....
love.gif
Love in Chocolate sounds sooooo pretty! Last year when I hosted the Fall Swap I used Vanna's Choice by Lion Brand for my swaps. Our Walmart doesn't carry it either, but our JoAnn's & Michael's does. I'll have to dig out my stash and see what colors I used last year.

Is the swap a "Fall Colored" theme? I love the earthy fall colors!
smile.png
Yes, fall colors, any you may have that are regular weight yarn, any variety, any brand, but at least the final round needs to be a dark chocolate brown. The brown can also be anywhere in the square you want or not at all, just as long as at least the final round is the dark brown.

Any dark brown and any fall colors?? Planning squares is so much more fun than work stuff.... :)
ETA: Brand doesn't matter?

Yes, fall colors, any you may have that are regular weight yarn, any variety, any brand, but at least the final round needs to be a dark chocolate brown. The brown can also be anywhere in the square you want or not at all, just as long as at least the final round is the dark brown.

Last edited:
Any dark brown and any fall colors?? Planning squares is so much more fun than work stuff.... :)
ETA: Brand doesn't matter?
Any fall colors, any brand for sure as long as it is normal worsted weight yarn. I am still debating whether it should be any dark brown or pick a universal like red heart brand and a specific color. That is what I am leaning towards since the brown is supose to be the uniting factor for all the blocks.

Yes it is so much more fun then work. I can't wait to get to a store to get my colors so I can work the bugs out of my newly designed block, if it turns out well I think it is going to look so cool.

If you don't mind a suggestion. It might be best if we all used the same brand and same color for the final round.

AC Moore, Michaels and Joannes all go back and forth on the sale of Vannas Choice. Usually 2 for $5. But Red Heart is fine too. It doesn't matter to me. Whatever is decided.

wink.png

Don't mind the input at all, that is what I was asking for before tomorrow when I post the swap for real. Yes that was my thinking too, have the brown as a set color and brand.

Sebcoat-Thank you for offering to host.

Any color scheme (or none) is ok; it's up to you. Pre-chosen colors (specific yarns) are one way or a scheme (we did cool colors-greens, blues, purples last time, adding a bit of white, too.) There are advantages both ways. If you're taking requests, I'd request any colors, but with the outside round all being the same,maybe black or shades of grey.

I'd like to participate as a donor only, not receiving. It works better for me personally if the yarns aren't pre-chosen. We're doing that on the current swap and getting beautiful squares, but for those of us who have more yarn than money, it's nice to be able to use what we have.
zoiks, I didnt think I volunteered to host?? I can if noone else wants to, but shipping all that to and from Alaska is not going to be very cost effective....

I like the fall color idea, and to trim in the same brown. :)

Back
Top Bottom