Fall Hatch! Anybody with me??

Wait until the 4 that have pipped do something!! Then you can candle them. You might even want to do a float test!! Check this link out!! https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=383525

I'm
glad you've got 4 healthy babies!!
ya.gif

Quote:
Oh yes, as a matter of fact I just moved them from my bedroom to my shop. I put the ones that hatched today in the small brooder. I'm using this for just a day or so!

41543_img_1813.jpg

Day 19 still waiting, they are absorbing their yolk and taking there good time. Its okay they still have 2 days. Humidity is good between 65% and 72% temp at 99.5. Oh yeah Congrates to all who has hatched.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
help.... I have 3 eggs that were put under a broody late afternoon on the 10th of Oct ... they still haven't hatched! I have one egg that magically appeared on the 13th... That one I am not concerned about -- yet.

How long do I give the first 3 before doing eggtopsy? The broody was off the nest more off than on the nest today so I pulled the eggs and they're in the brooder, they have yet to pip. i don't want to kill the chicks by rushing things, but yikes! How long do I give them?

edited to add the float test says they are alive, including the one I dropped and killed
he.gif
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Hatch Update
Day 22 for me on 14 Turken eggs. 8 have hatched, 1 didn't make it. I put the 4 eldest that have dried off in a brooder, they've started eating. That leaves 3 soggy chicks in the incubator with 6 eggs. Now the soggies can rest w/out the others pecking and stomping on them. I'm going to candle and float test the remaining 6 later tonight.
-Cielo

Quote:
Yikes, I'm sorry to hear that!!
hugs.gif
I was going to say to give them a few mor days with a broody!! Trust me if their not good they will either kick them out the nest or eat it!!
sickbyc.gif
Good luck!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom