Fall Quilt Block Swap due October 15th

went shopping, going to cut while stuffed zucchini is cooking!

Kassaundra, very pretty blanket

Pharmgirl nice colors

my turn I'm going shopping tomorrow for more fabric for the Oct.swap for my second set.

For those who buy online, how do you know if it is going to be quality or do you just have to take a chance?

I've noticed some of the $2 a yard cheap thin material from Walmart that fades horribly and piles is sold online for $5-10 a yard.
The fabric pattern may be the same or similar but the fabric manufacturers can vary widely. I've bought from http://www.hartsfabric.com
from http://www.hawthornethreads.com/ as well as Joann and Hancock stores online. I feel like you get what you pay for in fabric and don't mind spending to get a good quality cotton. My 2 cents.
hide.gif

I know we decided not to do drunkards path, but all the looking I was doing while we were talking about it, and seeing all the possibilities for layout, I just had to try. Gotta say I may have found a cool way to use some scraps.

post pics
Oh I just made one set of squares one dark background one inversion of color. I just did a down and dirty quick KAT (me kat not you kat) use what you have see if it will work type thing. I have a 6.5 inch square ruler so I cut two 6.5 inch squares, got a plate out of the kitchen (when I do them for real I will get a circle ruler/measure for ease of making the same size circles) rotary cut around the edge put the cut edges together starting at the top, w/ the background on bottom and the 1/4 circle on top, no pin method, no cutting snips in the seam allowance just aligning as I go at the edge. Then after pressing just re-squared w/ the square ruler, so no pesky template cutting, started w/ a 6.5 square ended w/ a 5.75 square, I can live w/ that little waste to avoid all that fussy cutting.

I figure once I get my paper pieced butterflies finished (since I have a fusion blanket crocheted squares ready for them from the flower swap) Then all the scraps I have that are big enough to cut into 6.5 inch squares will be cut and paired in light dark and I will go to town w/ the drunkards path.

Man oh man this could get dangerous!!!!!!! Look what I just figured out how to make!!!!!

A crocheted drunkards path!!!!!!! I better write down how I did it before I forget.

The sewn ones were the ones I threw together w/ my lazy technique yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom